Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has a really really hard start in the mornings. Even if plugged in all night. Once warm, it starts without too much issue but still exessive cranking before it finally fires. I've tightned all the fuel line cups in the head, replaced both batteries, new OEM high pressure sensor in the CP3, took my programmer out and put my stock lift pump back in. No change at all. Still hard starting and it just keeps getting worse. No codes either. I hooked a scanner up and checked injectors and there fine. The only thing I noticed with the scanner is that my rail pressure drops big time once I turn the truck off. Rail pressure flutuates quite a bit too while running but about where it should be. Don't know what would casuse that or where it should be at either. Any ideas or info would help greatly.

·
Registered
601 Posts
could be the pressure relief valve on rail dumpin too much fuel back to tank... take line off the top of it and crank over engine if fuel comin out its bad...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an expensive part!! $658 for a small little thing! :(

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I took that line off and it started but no fuel coming out at all. In the process I saw small air bubbles from my new high pressure sensor on the cp3. Got that repalced again and still no change. Still low rail pressure when off and hard starting and a loss of a couple miles to the gallon on a recint road trip. What are some other possabilities?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts