Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago I replaced my crank postion sensor and it cured all my problems(rough idle, dead tac, cutting out). After my truck ran completely normal. Now the past two days when I go to start my truck it will fire up and then die. I crank on it for about 15 seconds and it finally fires and runs normal. I am not having any other problems other than this starting problem. no codes. It acts like it has lost prime over nite??. Any help is greatly appreciated. It also has a new lift pump so Im thinking one of my fuel lines could have a small pin hole?

thanks

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
sounds like one of the fittings didnt seat right or one of the hoses is letting in some air, i would go over everything bc theres not too many to look at and then try it. a little hole overnight will drian the VP. curious tho did u have a code for the Crank position sensor? and what kind of cutting out did u have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i threw a code for the CPS. I was driving down the highway and then i first lost my tacometer. Then it would cut out like it lost fuel every few miles or so and then regain total power. I first started having probs about a month ago when it would lose prime in the mornings but after i replaced the CPS all my problems were sovled(even the losing prime in the mornings) so i thought my truck was fixed. But now im losing prime again????

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
I would do a fuel pump diagnostic and look for air in the fuel.
Lift Pump Diagnostics

MIN PRESSURE 10 PSI at WOT. :thud:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts