Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was towing a 25' snowmobile trailer today with the smarty jr set on tow and a couple times when shifting from 5th to 6th the clutch pedal was very hard to push in.

What would cause this??

·
Registered
316 Posts
Try replacing the slave cylinder, do you have a stock clutch? Make sure your clutch fluid is up also.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Mine is hard to push after the clutch slips with the smarty on 100. But if I pump it once its back to normal. Might be your clutch slipping.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It only happened right after accelerating in 5th or 6th and the clutch did seem to slip slightly? What would cause the pedal to be hard from the clutch slipping? What would be a good replacement clutch? It is a stock clutch. I might do nozzles and a turbo down the road someday. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
It only happened right after accelerating in 5th or 6th and the clutch did seem to slip slightly? What would cause the pedal to be hard from the clutch slipping? What would be a good replacement clutch? It is a stock clutch. I might do nozzles and a turbo down the road someday. Thanks.
valiar DD clutch mine works good:thumbsup

·
Registered
316 Posts
If the friction disk gets to hot and melts to the pressure plate that might cause it to stick. Also if the through out bearing seized up or something that might have something to do with it. Other than that not sure why it would do it only in 5th and 6th unless you are fueling the heck out of it and lugging it at the same time causing an increased amount of torque at the clutch in 5th and 6th. I would recommend a SB clutch. They make a great clutch and depending on the HP that you would like to see they will provide you with good service.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yep, kinda "melts" itself together. Then pedal is hard to push. Sounds like your clutch may be going bad or atleast getting weak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts