Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everybody,

I recently bought a 2003 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 with a 5 speed manual. Easily the coolest truck I've ever owned. 203k miles.

I've owned cars and trucks before and am no stranger to turning a wrench (rebuilt engines, suspension, transmissions, whatever other automobile systems...). However, in my current life situation, I do not have access to a garage and all of my tools are in a storage unit. I also am new to diesels and would love to find a reputable and fair diesel mechanic to look over everything on my truck to give me an idea of what I parts may be on their way out, what to keep my eyes on, what it looks like has been done already, etc.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a diesel mechanic in the Gastonia/Charlotte NC area?

Anyway, as for the truck, it appears to have been lifted, but I don't know how by how much. Maybe just a leveling kit? It has 325/70/17 tires (34.9" by about 12.5"). MBRP exhaust. I'm not sure what else. I'll try to attach some pictures if I can...

Thanks for reading!
Michael

·
Registered
36 Posts
That looks like a full lift, not just leveling kit to me. Notice how the wheels are not centered in the wheel wells on both the front and rear? Having a lift shortens the wheel base slightly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like a full lift, not just leveling kit to me. Notice how the wheels are not centered in the wheel wells on both the front and rear? Having a lift shortens the wheel base slightly.
Great point. I've lowered cars before but never lifted a truck, so I may not have noticed that. If you had to guess, knowing the tires are about 35", how much of a lift do you suppose it is?

·
Registered
36 Posts

This is my 06 1500 with fabtech 6" lift and 33s, rims are 17.
Your truck probably also has a 6" lift if I had to guess. On my 06, the front is a drop bracket setup for IFS, and AAL in the rear, so the rear is sagging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that's wild if it's 6" haha. I can see it though. I like it, but I've never imagined myself with more than 1.5 or 2" of lift on anything. Thanks!

·
Supporting Vendor
8,230 Posts
Blue is my favorite color. Nice truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts