Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hankook Tire Review W/ Pics

Hello to all, have been reading most stuff on here and would like to contribute also. I just bought some dynapro hancook tires 35x12.5 x 17 from discount tire. although my truck is not a diesel, its a 1500 w/ hemi. :banghead:, 4x4. I do not have a level kit, no spacers, it is stock. The tires are good, i am happy with them. It feels a little bumpy:confused013: though i have never had a truck like this much less these type of tire, guess its normal.(they did all the balancing etc) They are noisy i can hear the tire with AC on high and radio off, bump up the jams and you wont hear anything. I decided to go with this tire because its what they had, and its was a now or later type of moment. any
questions just ask i will try to answer them. I like them, how the trucks looks, and everything that comes along with it. :headbang:

on to pics .

truck w/ stock tires

w/ new tires

size

stock to new

another view

clearance

another

height

pattern

front

back

another back

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looks great! I'm in the market for tires and the Hankooks were one of my choices.

·
Registered
116 Posts
the exact tires i look to buy when i graduate in 2 months...only reason i haven't yet is because my truck wouldn't fit in the parking garage i park in at school with them on...6'8" clearance and the truck is 6'7" HAHA

if you wouldn't mind keeping me updated on tread wear and traction...will you actually be using these in the mud?

-Bryan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everybody the tires where 288 or so, total with everything was 1466 and change. Thanks:party018:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks good. I ran these on my Ford and looking for a set now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks sharp!

Im gettin some A/T Dynapro rf10s 295/70/17 put on today! Ill also keep u informed. Sharp truck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im gettin some A/T Dynapro rf10s 295/70/17 put on today! Ill also keep u informed. Sharp truck!
Where did you find these in a 295? Load range E? What kind of $$$? Post some before and after shots!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Got pics comin tomorrow

I got the tires from a shop in bay springs ms for 770 out the door.... a steal if u ask me! They just started making that size. i have a thread started in tires and wheels ill put pics up tomorrow i love the tires very aggressive tread!! Look really nice and ride great! and yes theyre E rated

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sure look alot sharper.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tires look great! Good pics. I just put the RF10 285/70/17 on and they seem like a great tire.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Look great. Anyone know how they wear compared to Toyo MTs?

Next tire will be Toyo, Kumho, or possibly these MTs.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
ive had numerous sets of this tire ,all different sizes also, HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM, they will quiet down, but when you rotate they get a little for @1000 miles then they are quiet. i BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF THEM, THEY ARE A GREAT TIRE, AND VERY REASONABLE ON THE PRICE. good choice you will love them

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
we do alot of hauling of overweight log trailers, i get aroung 45000 to a set before i nedd to start looking at anew set

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everybody. My truck will see some mud once a while mostly pavement. It rubs a bit when i have the wheel as far it could go to right/left, I will try to get a picture of how much. I will check the tire pressure your probably right

Thanks everyone :headbang:

·
Registered
215 Posts
we do alot of hauling of overweight log trailers, i get aroung 45000 to a set before i nedd to start looking at anew set
Excuse me what?
What tires do you get 45000 miles off?
Any toyos or anything of that nature I get about 20K miles off before I need to change, properly balanced and rotated and that's not EVER burning them down.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts