Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - just another front driveshaft lubrication thread.

Took my truck in for an oil change and asked the guy specifically to make sure the front driveshaft got greased, PER THE STICKER under the hood. Went to pick it up, tech gave the service guy the paperwork and said "it doesn't have a greaseable front driveshaft." Service guy proceeds to tell me the same thing.

Luckily, I visit this forum and there's a bunch of smart guys on here. Last night, I got under the truck with a flashlight and the wife's fingernail polish and found the zerk and marked it with hot pink polish.

I told the service guy, "Pardon me, but yes it does. I'll show you." We walked back into the shop, he raised the truck up in the air, we got a flashlight, and after some head and neck gyrations, I pointed out the grease point. He humbly thanked me and the tech got it greased.

You'd think it would be in the dealer service manual or something - these guys ought to know this.

Oh well. Hey, they didn't charge me for the greasing - it's part of the "lubrication check" apparently.

Anyways, thanks to all of you for posting up information and pictures that allowed me to educate the dealer.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Good job. They need to be edumacated about these things.

I used hot pink nail polish(not mine, honest) on my truck as well, along with a big arrow drawn with a fat sharpie.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My dealers Quick Lube Mgr didnt know where it was until I showed him. Then they didnt even have the right tools to grease it with. They asked me to come back in a few hours so they could get the right tools for the job. I never returned.

I was going there because they gave me 3 free changes with the purchase of the truck.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm taking a print out of where it's located with me, so they know what to look for, hopefully they'll find it.

Cory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.