Cummins Diesel Forum banner

had some questions about connector tubes?

2K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  FORDGE FUMMINS 
#1 ·
okay well i bought new stock connector tubes because im doing new injectors and i was told i might need them so i went ahead and got em just to be safe.

ive been reading about drilling the filters out and drillin the tubes out to 0.93? is there any real gains on this? i have 100horse injectors( for now) any advice would be amazing since they are sitting on my kitchen table rite now!

#3 ·
im not worried about gainin power... just wonderin what the point of doing it is...

#5 ·
lol yea. i hear yea there. but i mean there brand new and id rather do it now if their is a benefit. instead of taking them back out later...

#6 ·
I think the idea is getting the fuel there with a little less restriction. You may not need it unless you get to 1000hp or something but with as much fuel as a engine like that needs its easier to push the fuel through the bigger hole. Like drinking through a bigger straw. I don't know if that helps or if I explained it right just what I think its for. It also usually gives the truck a nice lope kinda like a mild cam would do.

#8 ·
so drilling out the filters would do nothing?

#10 ·
What I meant by the cam was how if you put a big enough cam in an engine how it makes it idle differently giving it that "caming" sound which everyone has heard before, just like when you put those bigger tubes SOMETIMES you notice a different "lope" at idle i was just trying to use the cam as an analagy to help describe the sound since we aren't standing beside a two trucks with the two different tubes. sorry for the confusion.

#11 ·
would it be better for the vp44? can anything negative effects come from doing this?

#13 ·
so can i just drill out the filter without drilling out the whole thing?

#15 ·
2 more questions. will it hurt anything to do the full drill out to .093? also what size bit and how far down to do just the filter?

#17 ·
so it will give it a lope and wont hurt anything correct?

#20 ·
did you loose any drivability?

#21 ·
I had them for a year or so. No power gains to speak of. It did make the truck idle like crap and I am not saying it had a pretty lope. Rattled the truck, and would kill it on occasion when dropping it into gear.(Yes it's an auto) To each his own.

#22 ·
well i drilled mine out last night. hopefully getting my injectors in today. wish me well. thanks everyone!

#24 ·
will do. hopefully shell run lol

#26 ·
drilled mine out last night! cant wait to get em in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.