Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to go out and buy a aftermarket turbo downpipe and just a regular 4" pipe with the XRT will I have a code free DPF delete or are the kits they sell at $1200.00 different? I want to delete and if I can save a few bucks then I would be happy but if not then money woud still be well spent.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
If I were to go out and buy a aftermarket turbo downpipe and just a regular 4" pipe with the XRT will I have a code free DPF delete or are the kits they sell at $1200.00 different? I want to delete and if I can save a few bucks then I would be happy but if not then money woud still be well spent.
A delete kit just removes the Nox filter in the downpipe and removes the DPF/CAT and optional for Muffler. Nothing special about a delete kit except it pretty much is a straight pipe system. So yes if you just get a downpipe and some straight pipe then you would be :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Are you originally from Az? I am from Tucson and moved to NC for the Marine Corps.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
The XRT lets you run code free with the DPF deleted, you do have to run 3 sims on to replace the EGT probes. But they come with the XRT. Then you can also remove the Egr, EGR Cooler and everything associated with the EGR and Cooler. And you will be code free.

As you may know H&S just lowered the price on the XRT to $799 and then released their plans for the Black Maxx & Mini Maxx. Check out what they are coming out with and then decide. Also the Smarty has just been released so this is a great time for the 6.7 owner.

As far as the exhaust goes you have a lot of choices. I just put a 5" exhaust on my truck. It fits great and sounds just as good.
I got all my stuff from Rollin Smoke Diesel. He is a vendor on here and will take good care of you. The other vendor you can work with is Keven @ K-2 Diesel. Good luck with your truck and keep us posted on what you decided to do.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Yep, the XRT will come with the required sims (foolers) so you can straight pipe the truck by removing the DPF in any fashion you need bro :thumbsup:

James
RSD

·
Registered
134 Posts
if you run the xrt you wont need the 02 sensors either

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts