Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a few days writing H&S I have fully understood the tuning/custom tuning of these H&S Programmers. I was a little confused and I bet that there are a few out there are confused too. It gets a little tricky. Here is what I came up with to have a better understanding than reading mixed posts!

* There are 4 tuning families...
Mild w/ATT (Default)
Mild w/o ATT (Custom Tuning)
HotDamn w/o ATT (Custom Tuning)
HotDamn w/ ATT (Custom Tuning)

H&S Tuning:

(Out Of The Box) (Mild WITH ATT)

No Power - 0
Mild - 60
Wild - 120
Hot - 175
*** These tunes come standard with ATT ***

CUSTOM TUNES:

(Mild WITHOUT ATT)

No Power - 0
Mild - 60
Wild - 120
Hot - 175
*** this custom tuning family is same as "default" ^above^ but does not have ATT. That's why it's a custom tune ***

(HotDamn WITHOUT ATT)

No Power - 0
Mild - 60
Wild - 120
Hot - 175 <---only affects this power level in this Custom tune family for aggressive fueling and injection timing for better acceleration. Neither setting has ATT.

(HotDamn WITH ATT)

No Power - 0
Mild - 60
Wild - 120
Hot - 175 <---only affects this power level in this Custom tune family for aggressive fueling and injection timing for better acceleration. All settings have ATT.

Reactions: Oil Stain

·
Registered
500 Posts
That's a great breakdown if the different settings. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

The thing I have been looking for is what the timing should be depending on the different power setting you have it set to. I have the Hot Damn with ATT. I normally run it on the HOT setting simply for MPGs. I don't beat on the truck at all. I never messed with the timing so it's currently set to the default setting.

Is there a rule of thumb to use or should I leave it on the default setting?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey man, sorry I have no advice for the timing maybe someone will chime in here about it. I leave mine on default also. I really don't have enough knowledge when it comes to that so I don't mess with it haha. The truck seems to run great now so ...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Many people are running there timing on 4 if they are running wild or hot to get better advancement to achieve the optimum 2deg btdc for best mileage

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: travishaas88
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.