Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4...ts-discussion/348803-2011-h-s-down-power.html Why was this thread closed out of curiosity I was wondering if it was resolved with tuning. My truck with black maxx and auto as of late doesn't seem to be a power difference between levels actually mild is my most powerful tune? I do have custom tunes but I don't feel it's a fault in that I feel the programmer has a communication issues. I have the most recent update as well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave did and I'm not saying it's any problem of his I think this is more of an issue with the h&s side as it does it with their programming too. I've read the problems the folks with 12's and h&s are having with the power levels being stock feeling and having to reflashed every week I have this but reflash doesn't cure it. I've also read where some versions of h&s updates have had an issue like this in some trucks.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Dave did and I'm not saying it's any problem of his I think this is more of an issue with the h&s side as it does it with their programming too. I've read the problems the folks with 12's and h&s are having with the power levels being stock feeling and having to reflashed every week I have this but reflash doesn't cure it. I've also read where some versions of h&s updates have had an issue like this in some trucks.

Though I don't have a fix, I can confirm that I too have a customer that on his 2010 his mini is not using the shift on the maps... Yet when he exported and loaded the MCC export it worked. Some funky stuff may be happening when the MCC file gets emailed. It stumped me for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
I've had certain email clients like google mail etc.. cause issues. But I don't think this is the case on this one. Since it happens with the base H&S tuning as well. TO me it sounds like a connection and/or mini issue.. Curious to see what you find out though...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Connection issues would be a good place to start for sure. I don't know how common it is but I have experienced the truck not running in the power level I have selected. I noticed it when I was playing with a sotf 12v tune. Every once in a while I would change the power level and it wouldn't change. Usually just reselecting the power level would make it work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have a similar issue with my 2012 when i 1st start the truck even if its on the hot tune it will run on the tune below that until i bump it down then back up then it gets the gains of the hot tune....kinda weird but i havn't tried a re-flash yet.

·
Registered
884 Posts
My original HDMI cable was broken at the connection going into the OBDII box. You couldn't tell it by looking at it but my mini would cut off, change levels and all kinds of weird stuff. When I started checking connections and unplugged the cable from the box the metal connector fell right off. New HDMI cable and no problems since.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My original HDMI cable was broken at the connection going into the OBDII box. You couldn't tell it by looking at it but my mini would cut off, change levels and all kinds of weird stuff. When I started checking connections and unplugged the cable from the box the metal connector fell right off. New HDMI cable and no problems since.
I never thought the HDMI cable had to be plugged in to have the tuning because it flashed the computer with the tune then I figured the it needed to be plugged in for the gauge aspect? I have bumped the HDMI with me knee and don't think it fits the obd (or whatever it's called) port the tightest. I do have it hard wired so if it is cutting off the power I'd never know it I guess.

·
Registered
884 Posts
You are partially correct. It needs to be plugged in for gauges but it also allows it to be SOTF when it's plugged in. You have the OBDII box wired in and your mini plugs into that box. What I had happening was basically a short with the bad connector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.