Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that a lot of guys have some problems with the downpipes not fitting that good with the BADP is this the same for the HS performance exhaust

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I have heard that a lot of guys have some problems with the downpipes not fitting that good with the BADP is this the same for the HS performance exhaust
I went and checked out one of the forum members truck when he installed H&Ss 4" down pipe and dpf delete. It fit right up to the turbo and he didnt have to grind or beat the turbo flange on the down pipe to make it fit. H&S uses a different brand of down pipe then BADP.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
The name brand of the down pipe has nothing to do with how they fit.
The trouble with some of them is the machine that flares the end that bolts to the turbo. sometimes you will get some that are hard to get on and all the others will fit like a glove.

John
Your constant comparison really gets old if your going to say something make it facts and not what you think.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow, I would really hope for a little more tact from a site sponsor. I believe what he said was fact. Maybe you need to re-read it. As far as John is concerned he has provided nothing put great input for those of us that own a 6.7.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Hate to blow the thread open but i got an H&S downpipe and had to do some grinding on it to fit. I dont think it is brand specific, i tend to agree with John on this one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
ive heard some from sides, that sum had to grind and sum didnt have to, sum with BADP and sum with H&S, but i will agreee with Jon here as well. :butt:

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Everone is entitled to there own opinion
even me.
the question was (I have heard that a lot of guys have some problems with the downpipes not fitting that good with the BADP is this the same for the HS performance exhaust) The response was I went and checked out one of the forum members truck when he installed H&Ss 4" down pipe and dpf delete. It fit right up to the turbo and he didnt have to grind or beat the turbo flange on the down pipe to make it fit. H&S uses a different brand of down pipe then BADP.

I dont think it is untactfull to defend my product when there is someone that has limited or no hands on knowledge of BADP product saying that the reason for the trouble is that we use a different brand.
I will stand corrected we use a different down pipe BADP uses stainless and H&S uses aluminized that doesnt make one better than the other it is just preference.

If this is not what he was trying to say than I will stand corrected but there are countless post like this.

Shane

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
The name brand of the down pipe has nothing to do with how they fit.
The trouble with some of them is the machine that flares the end that bolts to the turbo. sometimes you will get some that are hard to get on and all the others will fit like a glove.

John
Your constant comparison really gets old if your going to say something make it facts and not what you think.
Shane,

I never compared BADP to H&S. He asked for help on how the H&S down pipes fit and I told him they fit fine. I never said it was your company that had all the down pipe troubles. I said that the one system I seen fit right up with no grinding.

AND IT IS A FACT THAT YOU USE A DIFFERENT BRAND OF DOWN PIPE! So how about you read my post before you call me a LIAR because it is a FACT that you use different down pipes!

And by the way Shane my name is spelt Jon with no "H" so I obviously now know you didn't read my post before you spazzed out for no reason when I insulted no one unlike you just did!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your input guys. Shane if i bought your system and the down pipe did not fit right would you send out a new pipe to replace the old one.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I had two of the H&S down pipes, both where very hard to put on. They where too small. A few busted knuckles later i got them on. I had problems with there first exhaust so they sent me another one, still had the problems. I was one of the very first to get the Cat Full Message. We thought it was the exhaust. Turned out to be the AV flash plus the bully dog.

I ended up buying the BADP. It fit like it was meant for the 6.7. I could not ask for a better fit.

So if you dont mind modding the exhaust to fit go with H&S. But if you want it to fit right the first time buy the BADP.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Matt,
Did you buy the 5" BADP DPF kit and down pipe? I'm not sure if I should get the 4" kit and down pipe or the 5" one. Which will fit better or rather easier for the install?

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Badp 5"TBE fit with out a doubt correctly. I prefer the 5" Stainless Steel because of the cooler EGT and deeper sound over the 4". You wont be disappointed with BADP 5"

·
Registered
733 Posts
thanks. I keep reading how restrictive the stock down pipe is. I guess I'll order the BADP 5" kit then.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
heres a picture of the inside of the downpipe from the turbo

·
Registered
767 Posts
I don't see how the egt's are that much less on the 5 TBE over the 4 TBE. But hey maybe im wrong. I just know a lot of guys pushing 550+hp with a 4TBE and the 5TBE didnt make but like 40 degrees difference. But hey i'd spend the extra money. If you got it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shane, first I can read I understand the question that was posed perfectly. Jon gave a factual response just as Matt did. Clearly neither is an opinion as they witnessed them or did them. They aren't playing the I heard this guy's cousin said game. Secondly, you should probably refrain from asking someone to state facts only in one post and then say in the next that you are intitled to you OPINION! Users of your product will come out and support you with out you having to cry foul. And as I said in my post I would hope that you would have more TACT, and not attack a member of this site. Simply state that either product can have a problem. Which is perfectly true.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I don't see how the egt's are that much less on the 5 TBE over the 4 TBE. But hey maybe im wrong. I just know a lot of guys pushing 550+hp with a 4TBE and the 5TBE didnt make but like 40 degrees difference. But hey i'd spend the extra money. If you got it.
I dont get it either, i can just tell you from my experince with the 4"TBE to the 5" TBE, it is about 150 degrees at cruising and i can not hit 1500 degrees at all with the 5"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts