Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you guys are running H&S Overdrive tuning with the Smarty or if it is even possible. I want to keep my S-67ME because of the awesome power, almost no smoke....only a slight haze full throttle SW9 and my EGT's have never gone about 1350-1400, from a dead stop all the way to 120 but I'm gonna need some good trans tuning with my build.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I'm supposed to acuire the OD software next week. When I do, I'll report back.

Reactions: TN6.7CUMMINS

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
davemathews has a good thread on the TCM tuning out there. (B&G and H&S) he runs the smarty with the H&S as a daily driver and also races it. he really seems to like the combination. he's got me talked into it.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Reactions: TN6.7CUMMINS

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Well, I got it and so far I'm very pleased. This is something I should have done long ago. Quicker convertor lock-up and firmer 4,5, and 6th up shifts and really like that it downshifts to 3rd when slowing down. This is really going to shine during city driving. I only drove it for around 75 miles. It should get even better after it does a relearn for my driving style.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
EDIT:: Never mind found the answer myself to the questions below. For those who would like to know, yes you have to buy the H&S programmer and specifiy OD tune/TCM tune.

For the smarty guys who would like to know, do you have to buy a H&S programmer along with the H&S OD tune to use or exactly how do you use the H&S OD tune with a smarty or for that matter with any other chip/module/programmer?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have just recently decided not to run the Smarty/H&S OD tuning, as that combination only allows for 82% power under full throttle. Heard from a very reliable source in the next couple months Smarty is going to have their own OD tuning and it will be a free download to Smarty owners. Hopefully this is not just hearsay.....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have just recently decided not to run the Smarty/H&S OD tuning, as that combination only allows for 82% power under full throttle. Heard from a very reliable source in the next couple months Smarty is going to have their own OD tuning and it will be a free download to Smarty owners. Hopefully this is not just hearsay.....
that would be so frickin awesome its giving me wood!

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
i've heard things like that so many times that i'm not going to hold my breath. no offense but, i'll believe it when i see it.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Unlike most of the big tuner companies out there that spill the beans and get everyone's hopes up while waiting weeks or months for the new updates, Bob will spontaneously update the website. My advice for that would be to check out Smarty's website every now and then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.