Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me oh mighty delte guys

Other than the fact of one being stainless and one aluminized, why would I not want to go with the H&S for about 400.00 less than a BADP???

PDI is offering the h&s for 650.00 and badp is over 1K. I have the attitude so clearing codes should not be an issue and living in the desert I have never really seen a rusted out exhaust.

So what would be the downside??

Chris

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Aluminized exhaust has a different sound that stainless.

And even T-304 Stainless, has a little different sound than T-409 Stainless.

T-304 has the most-dense walls of Stainless Steel (as far as exhaust pipe goes), and vibrations have a lesser effect on it. In turn, causing a deeper, richer, hollow drone-sound to it, than T-409 and Aluminized.

Aluminized-pipe's walls, vibrate more when sound is passed by them. Therefore, you are gonna get a raspier, higher-pitched sound from aluminized.

Oh, and I would highly recommend BADP over H&S.

One, BADP has awesome customer service...compared to H&S (whom I sent an email to about 7 months ago, and NEVER got a reply).

Two, BADP offers a true "Code-Free" DPF-Delete kit.

Three, go with the T-304 Stainless...you'll enjoy the sound more (It will be worth the money, once you hear it...I've heard both...and I live in Alabama, where exhaust don't rust either...and I'm going with stainless).

And this last one might be the most important one on here yet?

**Four, you can purchase the BADP kit...through our very own K2DieselPerformance, or Meyer, so send them a PM, and they'll shoot you a price back.

And by the way, his price's are pretty good!!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
2nd to all that. As I'm waiting for Keven at K2 to get in my 5" BAPD TBE

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have the H&S kit. I am very happy with it. I installed a 5" on a guys truck and it sounded good. AMM is right on with his logic of denser material. Its a sound thing over anything else.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I wood rather save the extra $400 for other mods and fuel. $400 bucks is alot.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
go with BADP, that 400 dollars is only good for 2 1/2 tanks of diesel

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well you guys sure cleared it up for me hahaha!!

Chris

·
Registered
655 Posts
go with BADP, that 400 dollars is only good for 2 1/2 tanks of diesel
that right there really puts it into perspective if you ask me :thud:

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think H&S offers a stainless kit now too.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You are correct. PDI is selling SS H&S kits.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talked to Keven and I think I am still going to get the h&s kit. I know 400 isn't much fuel for the truck but it will run my bike all summer long and then some. I am not into big sound so it won't be straight piped anyway, I just need better milage so I can afford to run it once in a while

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts