Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 08 6.7 with a mini Maxx and I heard about the Hot damn tune and I was wondering if anyone had the tune files for it and how to install it. I’m new to tuners, originally a 12v guy.
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can see by my info I am new to the forum and 12v too AND a Mini Maxx owner. Not to be a Negative Nancy or anything, but you need to be very careful and make sure you understand the consequences of the HD tune. Lots of guys with blown head gaskets with that tune and defuels on, or just that tune period, that are or were on this site. And whatever you do, DONT use the updater that you will end up linked to on the internet, it will most likely brick your mini maxx after a week or so, as it seems the EPA has gotten their hands on it and put a bug in the programming feature. Screen goes black, etc. If your truck is running good now, and you still have Mild, Wild and those settings, that means it still has the older firmware and selections on it. Otherwise it would say Stock, Tow, Street and Performance. My advice is to leave well enough alone if your truck runs good, or update to one of the newer tuners with support like a Smarty, etc. I can give you some links to some of the discussions about the Mini Maxx and the tunes that will pop the head gasket quick, but the Search feature is your friend here in this forum and you need to read ALL the way through to the end on any site talking about updating your Mini Maxx!!!!

That said, I can link you to a place that are still listing the HD tune, etc.
"""""""MediaFire""""""""
If above doesn't work, You'll have to PM me I guess, because when I try to post the link, it changes it to an ad for the storage without the correct box.

Reactions: Slow 6.7
1 - 2 of 2 Posts