Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off I have done my homework on both Smarty and H&S mini maxx. But I still do not know what would be best for my truck. I have a 2007 2500 6.7 4x4 auto quad cab with 37k miles. I have a AEM Brute Force cold air intake and nothing more. What I want to do next is put on a 5" turbo back straight pipe. I will not race all the time just whenever I want to mess with another diesel truck or some ricers. Saving my tranny for as long as I can is a issue. So what is the best chip for my truck safety wise but at the same time I can turn up the power? Oh and does the level 9 for the Smarty really make 200 hp?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sounds to me that your best off with the mini maxx. I believe it is a little more user friendly than the smarty, and leaves less room for user error. Don't get me wrong, I think they are both great units, buy I will also be spending my money on the mini maxx. I think it will suite my needs best, and I like that it has guages on it, so I don't have to install additional guages. As far as the 200hp on the smarty. I'm sure it does what it says it will do, but in order to run the hotter tunes, you will also need other supporting mods in order to deliver that much fuel to the engine.

·
Registered
553 Posts
And if you plan on running an extra 200 hp, then get ready to invest in a new tranny.

·
Registered
32 Posts
just installed a mini maxx on my truck earlier this week. it is amazing. user friendly and great having the guages built right in. i also went with a straight exhaust and it sounds really good. not obnoxious loud. i have talked to several people and they all said this was the way to go. i have a six speed and the clutch slips a little in 5th and 6th gear on the mild setting. i planned on putting a clutch in within the next few months. as far as an auto tranny i do not know how it would affect it.

·
Administrator
7,072 Posts
The Smarty H&S debate will never be decisively solved. Everybody has an opinion about which is better, even though most have never run both. Truth be told you can't go wrong with either one. And while the convenience of changing tunes on the Mini might sound good, it also might encourage you to bag on the truck more often than if you had to stop and think about it while you upload a new tune.

I have run both, and do have a preferance to my current unit. YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts