Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else notice that if you try to download the Mild 175 Aggressive Turbo Tuning from the H&S site, that it just gives you the most recent standard download? Is this right? Or am I missing something?

I've downloaded it twice, and both times the resulting file is called "mm_d007_29.zip". When you download the Wild ATT file, it is called "mm_d007_29_w175t.zip". As far as I can tell, there is no "mm_d007_m175t.zip", which logically would be the ATT version of the Mild tune.

Just wondering if they are missing something, or if I'm looking for something that doesn't exist. :confused013:

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
On my XRT PRO i get a file number with no words after it on the regular down loads. Then on the Non ATT "custom" tunes after the file number I will get the word mild or the letters HD depending on whether or not I chose mild or HD. Then If I download the ATT tunes it will say "boost" after the file number and the "HD" or "Mild". Make sense??

Regular DL for 6.8.10 is XXX_10
Custom Mild no turbo tuning is XXX_10mild
Custom Mild W/ATT is XXX_10mildboost
Custom HD no turbo tuning is XXX_10hd
Custom HD W/ATT is XXX_10hdboost

On a side note, How do you like the SBC CON OFE?? I want a new clutch but dont want the rattle of a dual disc. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting........ yes it does make sense.

I wonder if the difference in what our files are called has to do with Mac vs PC.

I may have answered my own question anyway. The file is titled Mild w/Turbo when you look at what is loaded on the MM, so at least I know that I do have the ATT tune on the truck. Now if I can just figure out why I can only build about 22 lbs of boost. I think it may be because even though the de-fuel settings were turned off, it may still have been limiting the boost (it was off, but the limit number was 23 lbs). I know that some of the other H&S parameters have to be "turned on" then "turned off" to function correctly.

I like the SBC Con OFE. It feels like a "normal" clutch (not dual mass), like my old '93 truck did. You can feel the true flywheel, and it spins up just slightly slower (yes I can feel the difference). My son has one on his '97 as well, no problems, high power output.

SBC rates it at 450 HP & 1000 ft lbs, but they'll tell you it can handle much more if you use it "normally" (not pulling sleds, etc.) They told me they don't recommend the DD's for towing (which I do a lot of), and I hear they are difficult to back trailers with (bad chatter).

Thanks for the response, & good luck with the clutch. I can't say enough about buying from Rollin Smoke Diesel. Great prices, and it arrives the next business day (2 clutches, one H & S DPF delete kit).

Reactions: MorSmokPls

·
Registered
762 Posts
I dont have any experience on the aggressive turbo tuning but I do know that on the standard tunes, 33ish psi can be ontained on the Wild tuning while still keeping the EGT Defuel at 1450*. I do know the truck will pull hard as heck until it defuels. Most of the time it wont defuel unless I load it hard and get it to reach those temps. At that point, it is only defueling due to EGT and not PSI. I can easily control the EGTs to keep it pulling hard without issue of defueling at 1450*.

Reactions: wcorbett
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.