Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering the dpf delete kit on Monday from H&S. On there price sheet, they now list two 4" models called stage 1 and stage 2. Stage 1 is the pipe form the dpf to the exhaust and includes 3 probes and wiring harness. Stage 2 has all that but the pipe is what they call downpipe (I'm not sure what that is) and replaces the pipe from the turbo to the factory exhaust. Both require no welding. The stage 1 is 550 and the stage 2 is 650. Does anyone know what the advantage is from having the downpipe? As I'm not much of a mechanic, I'm also looking for the easiest setup to install, and of coarse, my ultimate goal is to get rid of the retarded regen and dpf crap.

Thanks,

Grey

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Down pipe is the pipe that atches to the turbo.

When you get a down pipe it replaces the Cat. which will take more restriction out of the exhaust.

To put one on is a little more work, but i think its well worth it. :thumbsup

·
Registered
497 Posts
ya what he said:$:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Downpipe is well worth it. Go with the Stage 2 kit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do they have a code-free kit yet?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to confess that my mechanical skills are limited. I change my own oil, but usually get in trouble with much else. I went out and looked at the connection to the back side of the turbo and it looks awfully tight trying to get wrenches and stuff in there. I'll go ahead and say it...I'm scared. Is the downpipe something that can be done with a regular socket set and a couple of vice grips, or do you need a serious set of tools?

Grey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts