Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is straight from the PDI website:

"H&S DPF Delete Kits were designed with one thing on their mind, Free Flowing Air!

Removing all factory restrictions, decreasing bends, and supplying all required parts for installation, H&S has created a fully free flowing 5" turbo back exhaust system. Each kit come with 5" piping, all new exhaust sensors, and Data control box to fool your trucks computer, preventing engine lights and trouble codes. Dyno results have proven a gain of 25 horsepower while decreasing exhaust gas temperatures up to 200 degrees. Many customers have experienced similar results on the road, along with a substantial increase in fuel mileage."

I was talkin to Ron @ Suncoast Transmissions here in FWB & he said PDI was sending him "something to fix the check engine light" in their shop test truck... I JUST ordered my del kit from BADP too :$:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just ordered their 4 inch kit and the edge with attitude as well as an S&B intake this morning, they had a good deal I thought and for the price I was going to pay for 5 inch alone at BADP, not knocking them but I judt figured I didnt need a 5 inch, and definately not the drone I've been reading about as this truck id my daily freeway driver!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I just ordered their 4 inch kit and the edge with attitude as well as an S&B intake this morning, they had a good deal I thought and for the price I was going to pay for 5 inch alone at BADP, not knocking them but I judt figured I didnt need a 5 inch, and definately not the drone I've been reading about as this truck id my daily freeway driver!
Drone is coming from strait piping the 5". :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Good to hear that their control box is out! Another first for H&S!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I remeber hearing something about an egr delete and dpf delete that threw no codes from someone by the name of infinite power and designs and how they were done and being shipped out well I don't belive anyone is running the units yet so I'll beleave it when someone slaps me in the face with it and puts it on the table :butt:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Whats the drone like for the BADP 5". Would it be really disconcerting for your daily driver?

·
Registered
25 Posts
there is NO DRONE if you go with the muffler, can't speak for a straight pipe....
5" with muffler sounds great

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pdi

I spoke with them this morning and they said the code free would not be available till the end of the month... I wonder if these new code free boxes will have any issues as they will be brand new...

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I disagree. It does sound pretty good, but above 2000 rpm, it drones even with the muffler.
Do you have auto or man trans?

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
I disagree. It does sound pretty good, but above 2000 rpm, it drones even with the muffler.
i think it depends on the truck also (weight). You have the same truck as i do. Its on the heavier side, more load on the engine. I road in a QC 2wd auto 6.7. It had no Cabin Drone in it going down the highway. Possibly because its a lighter truck and does not need the engine to work as hard to push it down the road.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a box from HS it was a gen. 2 box. I was having problems with it after about 15k. they just sent me a new box. I think its the new code free box! Not sure though. It plugs into the stock wiring harness and not into the sencors! The sencors are unpluged! I set my edge so it doesnt clear codes on startup and the only code i get is a egr code. no dpf codes. Ive only had the box for 2days.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had a box from HS it was a gen. 2 box. I was having problems with it after about 15k. they just sent me a new box. I think its the new code free box! Not sure though. It plugs into the stock wiring harness and not into the sencors! The sencors are unpluged! I set my edge so it doesnt clear codes on startup and the only code i get is a egr code. no dpf codes. Ive only had the box for 2days.
Well if this is true it is very nice. I don't see any point in the sensors if there is no possibiliy of DPF getting full. The fooler box should just be able to report the "DPF empty" message that the computer wants to hear.

I like the idea of a swap in/out cat/dpf section. You would leave the sensors in the stock pipe sitting in your shed and replace that section with a new piece of pipe and plug in the fooler box. Want to return to stock? Just pop the cat/dpf back in and plug in the wiring. OK it isn't a turbo-back and will have less power...but it solves the problems we are having. The guys who need more power can play more exotic games.

Sounds like a simple solution. I like simple!

·
Registered
707 Posts
It plugs into the stock wiring harness and not into the sencors! The sencors are unpluged! I set my edge so it doesnt clear codes on startup and the only code i get is a egr code. no dpf codes. Ive only had the box for 2days.
Which sensors are unplugged? Assume you still have to have the two O2 sensors in there right? Wonder if their new kits will come without the sensor bungs if they are not necessary.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What does cabin drone sound like? At 70 mph is is annoying? I want the 5" with muffler. Do I have to be too worried here? Will 4" solve the problem. I to like the idea of the tbe but pjesson, you might be on to something. I don't race, I just want the damn stuff off.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Which sensors are unplugged? Assume you still have to have the two O2 sensors in there right? Wonder if their new kits will come without the sensor bungs if they are not necessary.
The same ones that are tapped are now unplugged. So the O2 sensers are still there.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I want one I want one! Would love to get the new HS box if its not throwing codes!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Does that mean that you unplugged the EGT probes and just left them in the delete pipe? It sounds like you DID get one of the new code free fooler boxes. Good to hear that H&S has started to release their new product! :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 38 Posts