Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Longhorn Laramie. Put my old black max on it after updating the software. Every so often on start up all the dials would read zero and stay this way until you restart the truck, so i thought since it was 3-4 years old that it was just getting ready to die. Contacted H&S and they let me return it and see if there was a problem. Said something with the pyro circuit was not right so they fixed it and sent it back. Well it did the same thing after that. Contacted H&S again and they gave me a discount on a mini max. Got it, hooked it up , and it is doing the same thing. Usually once or twice a day on start up all the dials read zeros until i shut the truck off and restart. Has anyone else had theirs do this? Was going to change fuses to see if that is the problem but i cannot find one that stays constant power on start up besides M30(i think it is) that H&S tells you to hook up to. They give an alternate but i am guessing that is for C&C because i do not have the alternate fuse mentioned in the instructions. Wondering if this is a 2012 glitch or maybe because the tuner power drops from this fuse on start up. Still working it. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
747 Posts
You don't have to shut the truck off when it freezes. Just flip the slide switch on the OBDII port connector and then flip it back. Mine does this on my 2010 sometimes too. Not very often but it does do it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think maybe to try another fuse that keeps voltage through start up may help but i don't have someone else to hold a light tester during start up. I tried the radio fuse but it never seems to lose power even after shutting it down. Must be something with the newer trucks. My 2008 never did this. Crap i think i bought a mini max for nothing. :doh:

·
Registered
277 Posts
My 2012 does this also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H&S does it again

H&S figured out a fix for this. Something in the software. They sent me a addition onto the card and it stopped this from occuring. Been working now since they sent it, about 5 days ago.
Thanks guys,

·
Registered
277 Posts
Could be an update coming? Mine hasn't done it for awhile now, close to a week probably.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts