Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the H&S Tranny Overdrive tune yesturday and i am very pleased with it..it is a VERY noticeable differance above stock, nice firm shifts, no more serching for gears and no lag between gear shifts..just to name a few...worth the $$ IMO...Thanks Again To H&S and RSD :thumbsup:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Huge +1

The stock programming is crap, I was ready to trade my truck in 2-3 days after buying it simply because the transmission shifted like a 5 year old was driving. (came from an Allison truck).

Once I installed this overdrive software I have started to like my truck!

Thank you H&S you probably saved me $60+K.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I installed the H&S Tranny Overdrive tune yesturday and i am very pleased with it..it is a VERY noticeable differance above stock, nice firm shifts, no more serching for gears and no lag between gear shifts..just to name a few...worth the $$ IMO...Thanks Again To H&S and RSD :thumbsup:
What engine tune are you running and what level?

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think im running .13 and it's set on wild, very smooth with almost no timming rattle!

Reactions: whitenite

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only two guys with trans tune feedback? Anyone else have a comment.?
Just installed the tune yesterday morning!...love it so far - put the power down and nice shifts...if I can ditch this dumb 5"exhaust rattle - I will be very happy! ...but that doesnt have to do with the trans tune.

I would recommend installing it... I thought it may be a waste of money but I was pleasantly surprised... doesnt lag is 5/6 around town - Enjoy

Reactions: whitenite

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
well worth the money! works awesome and shifts are firm. gears "flow" nicely all through too 6th.

·
Registered
844 Posts
See I'm on the line of whether or not to get the overdrive software. I can feel my TC shudder a tiny bit at takeoff in 1st gear now since I put on the deletes and MM. Not sure if the software would be a solution to this problem. I run my truck on "stock no power" all the time as I'm not interested in power numbers but rather increased reliability. I don't understand why I'm just now noticing this TC shudder in 1st if I have a "no power" tune selected. I'd get the software if it would correct this problem and ensure longer transmission life as I don't have the funding to buy a built tranny yet. :confused013:

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
See I'm on the line of whether or not to get the overdrive software. I can feel my TC shudder a tiny bit at takeoff in 1st gear now since I put on the deletes and MM. Not sure if the software would be a solution to this problem. I run my truck on "stock no power" all the time as I'm not interested in power numbers but rather increased reliability. I don't understand why I'm just now noticing this TC shudder in 1st if I have a "no power" tune selected. I'd get the software if it would correct this problem and ensure longer transmission life as I don't have the funding to buy a built tranny yet. :confused013:
You could try the cheaper route of a line pressure booster just to see if it would help.

·
Registered
844 Posts
You could try the cheaper route of a line pressure booster just to see if it would help.
You could always lend me yours, I heard it hooks up pretty decent:hehe: :drool2: Nah but in all honesty excuse the stupidity when it comes to trans parts but how would I get my hands on a line pressure booster? Is it an adder of somekind? I know that overdrive software increases the line pressure also. I wish it was included like it is for the powerstroke guys

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
You could always lend me yours, I heard it hooks up pretty decent:hehe: :drool2: Nah but in all honesty excuse the stupidity when it comes to trans parts but how would I get my hands on a line pressure booster? Is it an adder of somekind? I know that overdrive software increases the line pressure also. I wish it was included like it is for the powerstroke guys
Suncoast has them.It is simply plug and play and will raise line pressure an average of +/-15psi.If i had one i would gladly sent it to you.Hell if i figured all the stuff ive sent people i probably could have built another truck.:rof

·
Registered
844 Posts
Suncoast has them.It is simply plug and play and will raise line pressure an average of +/-15psi.If i had one i would gladly sent it to you.Hell if i figured all the stuff ive sent people i probably could have built another truck.:rof
I saw the pictures you put up of your 6.7 destruction haha! Man I figure you oughta have kept all the spare parts to build yourself a new motor :hehe: Hopefully your rebuild goes smoothly. Thanks for the insight maybe ill look into that.

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
I saw the pictures you put up of your 6.7 destruction haha! Man I figure you oughta have kept all the spare parts to build yourself a new motor :hehe: Hopefully your rebuild goes smoothly. Thanks for the insight maybe ill look into that.
Rebuild complete,just breaking her in.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Rebuild complete,just breaking her in.
Glad to hear! Thanks for the help. I feel like the overdrive software would be a better way to go. Just worried that perhaps bumping up line pressure could case a seal to go. Who knows. Maybe i'll keep running it in tow haul for the moment and keep my foot out of it for a while. When I get the big $ I'll call Suncoast and get the real deal.

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Glad to hear! Thanks for the help. I feel like the overdrive software would be a better way to go. Just worried that perhaps bumping up line pressure could case a seal to go. Who knows. Maybe i'll keep running it in tow haul for the moment and keep my foot out of it for a while. When I get the big $ I'll call Suncoast and get the real deal.
Seals blowing is a issue with the modified pump,but just with the tune you will be fine.Suncoast has made some custom parts to permanently fix seal blowing issues.I am not sure of this but there was some talk of suncoast working with H&S to come to an agreement on the TCM tune so that it could be used with the comp 68rfe build.Not sure if all that stuff paned out are not but it would be worth a check and see.That would save you the trouble later and you could just go ahead and get it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
see i'm on the line of whether or not to get the overdrive software. I can feel my tc shudder a tiny bit at takeoff in 1st gear now since i put on the deletes and mm. Not sure if the software would be a solution to this problem. I run my truck on "stock no power" all the time as i'm not interested in power numbers but rather increased reliability. I don't understand why i'm just now noticing this tc shudder in 1st if i have a "no power" tune selected. I'd get the software if it would correct this problem and ensure longer transmission life as i don't have the funding to buy a built tranny yet. :confused013:
torque converter is not locked up in 1st gear, something else is going on.

G

·
0 Posts
Im new with h&s. I have just the basics....xrt pro, h&s airhorn, boost tube, fuel rail plug, arp heaD studs, egr&dpf delete and upgraded to a stage 4 triple disc torque converter. Im about to get the tran tune. How is that installed? Like is it already set like the mild, wild, and hot tune? And I repeat im new with this so any advise will be very appreciated!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts