Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you guys ground your amp to? I have only about a 2 ft ground wire and tried on one of the posts with a 13mm nut that hold the storage trays in but no luck there (I did sand down to bare metal). I only see one small painted area of the cab in between the two seat trays that I have not tried yet but I would have to either drill and tap a hole or use a self tapper in it. Just trying to see what others have done. Thanks in advance!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
143 Posts
mine is grounded to one of the bolts that hold the rear seats down

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it sounds like seat frames/mount bolts Should work, I wonder why the tray hold down post isn't working?

·
Registered
143 Posts
the bolts that hold the seats down go through the undercarriage

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
bolting it to the seat frame is sop. How big is the tray hold down bolt? Are you sure it is grounded? I don't have the same truck as you, but alot of interior fasteners aren't fastened into metal but instead plastic. Hit it with a test light see if it is a ground or not, but if I were you I would just bolt it to where the seat bolts to the floor. Have fun.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just put a big ring terminal on the end of mine and ran the seat bolt through it. works fine for all 3 amps back there.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My amp is located on the rear of the cab behind the rear seat. I modded my seats to flip forward. Used either the seatbelt buckle bolt or the bolt that holds the seats down.

To test a ground, get a test light, clip the clip end to the positive side of your battery and anything you touch with the other end that is a ground will light up the test light. I do this before I start pulling bolts to ensure a good ground.

Here's a pic of my setup. (Amp is 5 channel JL. I'm very particular about my wiring also)

The silver panel on the amp comes off to access the adjustment stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.