Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse me if this has been discussed before. Instead of removing the filter and cat has anybody just gutted them?

Does anybody know if any company is working on a more non restrictive filter and cat that will provide better flow but not throw codes?:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
If your going to leave it off forever, you can sell the cat for good money.
Most people just remove them because they don't know that they won't have to put them back on for some reason in the future. And to buy new ones will be very pricey.:$::$:

Randy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Call dodge up and price a dpf. Epa says Big fines and jail time if you tamper with or remove them! I work at a Cat Cummins Detroit dealership we have to report every single thing we do, on an 07 engine to the EPA. Be careful out there!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone, or heard of anyone being fined or imprisoned for deleting the DPF as of yet?

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Has anyone, or heard of anyone being fined or imprisoned for deleting the DPF as of yet?
Fines by the locals, yes... Overnight in the jailhouse for not paying the fines, yes.. Passing emissions would be my only concern.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've really been considering the DPF delete. Fines don't scare me, but the thought of jail terrifies me. Something else for me to think on. No emissions test as of now in SW Ohio to bother me, yet, but the truck is used to make deliveries for the products we make. Being caught out of state without the junk or breaking down 600 miles from home and no warranty kinda scary.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The fines are suppose to be something like 10k min. if convicted. If I could afford an 07 I would be all over it though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
ya forget the methheads and ganstas lets go after the guys straight pipin their trucks.....i love this country but its goin to sh1tola.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You guys are forgetting that while it is illegal to remove emissions equipment, there is no one there to pay for replacement should yours get damaged. So, if you tear your DPF off on a rock, and can't afford a new one, they can't fine you for fixing your truck the way you can afford to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
How do the smog police know you don't have the equipment? Meters or visual ? If it is visual then if we had look-a-like how would they tell?

Any thoughts on part 2 of orginal post????

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
second part, not to my knowledge. As far as gutting your DPF, dont do it, it will not work and you will need to buy a new one from the dealer. Big $$$$. Inspections can be either a sniff test or visual or both. Where i am there is no testing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts