Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not that kinda cat(meow)!! How hard is it to gut a cat on an 06?From where my exhaust starts on my truck I can easily get to it

·
Registered
689 Posts
i had a different idea when i saw this title. I have hear cat tatse pretty good...hahaha meow.

From what i have heard, it is simple to gut a cat. just rub a piece of rebar through it....or cut it in half lenght wise and cut the baffles out then weld back togeather. I have seen both ways done, and both work.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
Not really any harder than any other vehicle I have ever done. If anything it is easier, because you have this huge outlet pipe with which to let the chunks come flying out of... When I did my last one I went to Lowes and bought a 3" concrete chisle (one of those blue ones) and welded a rod on to the end. Pretty much just bang away until your hearts content, then fire the ole' girl up and give 'er hell.

·
Registered
787 Posts
How about putting a new 4" stick in there? I am pretty sure you can sell your cat to the scrap yard for about $100 (there was an article here awhile back about people stealing cats and selling them). So I would think you would end up makin money off that one!

Robert

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
ya get a cat test for around $57, and sell your cut for that if not more and its easier and less hassle

·
Registered
787 Posts
And these cats on these trucks are huge, right? What is the metal that is in them that the scrap yards want? Aluminum?

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I dont remember what the scrap is the want but the ones off gas cars bring more, i believe they are a lower grade or Ss

·
Registered
389 Posts
Make a nick in the skin with the point of a sharp hunting knife, then cut along the belly, not entering the abdominal cavity, then around the neck. Now extend the cut to each leg.....oh sorry, wrong forum. I thought I was on alternatemeat.org........

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
they are after the platinum thats in the ceramic media. You could probably take all the stuff in a bucket down to them and they might give you the same amount and you would still have your dummy pipe that looks stock.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Make a nick in the skin with the point of a sharp hunting knife, then cut along the belly, not entering the abdominal cavity, then around the neck. Now extend the cut to each leg.....oh sorry, wrong forum. I thought I was on alternatemeat.org........
lmao...

just cut the thing off and put a piece of pipe in its place

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
id save or sell the cat and go with the delete pipe. those babies are expensive if you ever have to replace one for emmisions testing

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
When I did my last one I went to Lowes and bought a 3" concrete chisel and welded a rod on to the end. Pretty much just bang away until your hearts content
That'd gut any kind of cat I can think of! 4 legged or titanium.. :lol3:

·
Registered
411 Posts
question

when emissions testing is done on a diesel truck, what exactly is the procedure? Do they just look for the presence of a cat-con? Check for exhaust smoke opacity? or do they check the tailpipe emissions for NoX and stuff like they do on cars?

·
Registered
370 Posts
cat. the other white meat.
but seriously, srap yards may not give you anything for the ceramic, platinum laden material by itself. i dont think they would even know what it was! they want to see and know its a cat.
but gutting it would help you pass a visual equipment check for smog, if your state requires it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts