Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone might know if my 08 2500 quad cab has a double walled roof? Im looking to install a Big Sky Overhead Gun Rack from Cabelas in it. I'v heard a lot of good things about them and think it would be a nice addition to the truck. But in the ordering directions they say you need the double walled roof for them to be installed right. And i cant find any info anywhere on whether or not the rack will work in my truck. Any insight would help! Thanks.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
I highly doubt it is double walled.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I don't think the whole roof is double walled, but there might be sections that are. If the mounts are moveable you might be able to get it mounted in there into the support brackets for teh roof.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
^^^ That is correct there is only sections in the roof that are double walled. I've been wanting to do the same thing.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Be careful. Even the support struts are not very thick/deep. That would suck big time to punch a hole in your roof.

·
Registered
273 Posts
watch your head too. i had one and the first big bump while hunting and it rattled my cage bad, and i was seat belted in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts