Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
355 Posts
im runnin ISSPRO pyro/boost/trans temp and have the probe after turbo but im goin to run an edge attitude with the probe in the manifold i think thats the way to go, i think the analog guages are better but i heard the insight was good and tells you filter load whatever that is.. somthin like how full your dpf is but theres a thread about it and no one can really figure it out i guess haha

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I saw that too. It supposedly tells you when you are in regen mode too so that would be cool. Now are there any out there that you don't have to tap a egt probe. I was told the PMT has the capability of reading the factory EGT probe so why can't the others?

· Registered
2,565 Posts
The factory EGT probe is post turbo down in the DPF and not in the manifold, by the time the DPF EGT probe gets into the critical zone damage has probably already occurred up top which is why a lot of folks tap the manifold.

The Insight, Dashhawk etc are good devices, from what I've seen there appears to be more active development on the Dashhawk product than the Insight in terms of identifying new PIDs and things of that nature.

· T-BONE
976 Posts
Analog Gauges are better, no matter how you look at it. Because they are running right off of whatever they are gauging. If you don't plan on putn' some kind of ECM fooler on your truck, then a digital monitor will prolly work good for you. I am takin' my Bully Dog Outlook monitor off now for that reason. Just my .02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.