Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing my guages today, all went well except i can't figure out which wire to tap into so when i dim my pannel lights my guages dim to, i pulled the dimming panel out but i don't know what wire to tap into

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry i forgot to say that its a 2007 ram 2500

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just get a cheap little test light. My 06 dimmer wire was an orange one with a brown trace stripe. There was 2 on the my switch so I just picked one and tested it. Turn the lights on and run the dimmer up and down. When you have the right wire the test light will get brighter/dimmer as you move the dimmer wheel. Simple as that.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Just get a cheap little test light. My 06 dimmer wire was an orange one with a brown trace stripe. There was 2 on the my switch so I just picked one and tested it. Turn the lights on and run the dimmer up and down. When you have the right wire the test light will get brighter/dimmer as you move the dimmer wheel. Simple as that.
X2^^^^! Exactly what I did! It does seem like you need three hands to do it though.:lol3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.