Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure which way to go, I have the smarty jr but would like to monitor my boost, egt, and trans temp. Wondering if I should go with a bully dog watch dog, edge insight, or just auto meter guages. Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm going with automated factory matched. I have a trans temp one that I can well you if you decide to go that way. I want to get a rail pressure instead.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Not sure which way to go, I have the smarty jr but would like to monitor my boost, egt, and trans temp. Wondering if I should go with a bully dog watch dog, edge insight, or just auto meter guages. Any input would be appreciated
You did not state what year of truck you have a 4th gen or 3rd gen truck.
I have a 3rd gen truck with Optix gauges on the A-pillar,they are listed in my sig. These are factory matched gauges in the A-pillar that matches the interior color of the truck. I do not use the grab handle on the driver side to get in the truck. That is why I went with the A-pillar over the other styles out there.
Geno's Garage sells the A-pillar, dash mount verison and steeling wheel style. See their catalog 70, page 10 or on-line at genosgarage.com
Jim

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I used to LOVE the autometer Lunar series but they have discontinued them. They were easy to read and looked good. When i buy gauges for the truck it will be Autometer C2's

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is an 07

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm leaning more toward the electronic monitors. Anybody have any suggestions on whether to go with bully dog or edge?

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
I think I'm leaning more toward the electronic monitors. Anybody have any suggestions on whether to go with bully dog or edge?
I would go with edge insight

·
Registered
254 Posts
I love a-pillar gauges personally, here is a pic of my autometer cobalts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts