Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i sold my edge juice with attitude to him. i put the part number on the ad and everything. well he did not look into it and they made 2 different ones for an 06. now he filed a claim at pay-pal and wants me to either pay 4150.00 for the mapping fee or pay $350.00 for the chip and NOT return it. how does this work??? if it were me i'd steer away from doing business with him.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
That doesn't make any sense at all, so he gets to keep the damn thing, that's bullsh*t. I hope you fight the claim.

·
Registered
225 Posts
wow, that's crazy. if you can prove you posted everything necessary for one to do the proper research before buying a product, then he has nothing to support his claim. therefore, i believe paypal will find in your favor.

·
One part at a time
840 Posts
Nevermind, I found the thread and where you listed the part number. I would send a link for that thread to Paypal so they see that you listed the part number, and he should have no ground to stand on.

·
Registered
223 Posts
this is easy win with paypal.
make sure of one thing

1) collect all emails with the buyer
2) copy the thread that the item was listed at and present paypal with the link to the listing
3) as soon as you asked to forward documents do so.
4) inform buyer through paypal that item was listed correctly and that was his job to ensure that he was buying the correct item, thus if he wants refund he will have to ship it at his cost to you and you will refund him the money minus shipping fees

5) important dont blow up yet. cause it will hurt you in the long run.

hope this DUDE will end up being banned from here.

good luck bro
PayPal is fair and as long as you present them with correct documents they just dont automatically discredit the seller.

lmk if i can help you in any way

·
Registered
223 Posts
and whats the mapping fee . i deal with paypal over 10 yrs and never heard of it. so he wants to pay 350 for it ? what did he pay for it originally shipped?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
350 shipped but after pay-pal fees it was like $339.50. he said they want $150.00 to re-map it!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone have pay-pal's phone number? i wanted to send them the link to the for sale thred but it wont let me make another response

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Paypals #

1-402-935-2050

·
One part at a time
840 Posts
Wow so this guy wants the Edge for free or wants you to pay to map it. I would say he has lost his mind, maybe he needs to learn how to read and do a little research.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea thats what i said. i mean i offered half the mapping which was completly stupid bein he didnt do his research first but bein the nice guy i am.........

·
Registered
148 Posts
Im sure Pay Pal will rule in your favor. GL

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hey I just pm'd him and this was his response.

Originally Posted by DodgeRamItUpYours2004
Are you really trying to rip off blowinsmoke99. Why would you do that? He had the part number in his ad if you read it. It is not his fault if you made the mistake. He has paypals number and will send them a link of the ad and you will get nothing. I doubt anyone will do business with you on this site again cause we make sure to follow up on bad members. Just thought you would like to know.

Rip him off? The part # is correct for my year truck and the date of manufactor for the unit is correct. The problem is the mapping and version it is, is old it needs to be updated this cam right from nate in technical support at edge. He said this is a common problem when the unit goes in and out of trucks. He can contact paypal he wants cause the part # is correct just the item doesn't function correctly. I'm scared about not buying things off here. Y would I anymore after this bad experience

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: blowinsmoke99 why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttowing09
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRamItUpYours2004
Are you really trying to rip off blowinsmoke99. Why would you do that? He had the part number in his ad if you read it. It is not his fault if you made the mistake. He has paypals number and will send them a link of the ad and you will get nothing. I doubt anyone will do business with you on this site again cause we make sure to follow up on bad members. Just thought you would like to know.

Rip him off? The part # is correct for my year truck and the date of manufactor for the unit is correct. The problem is the mapping and version it is, is old it needs to be updated this cam right from nate in technical support at edge. He said this is a common problem when the unit goes in and out of trucks. He can contact paypal he wants cause the part # is correct just the item doesn't function correctly. I'm scared about not buying things off here. Y would I anymore after this bad experience
I appreciate the response and I will post this on his thread he started in the buyer seller feedback section. There have been a lot of people getting ripped off and I figured it was just another one. Sorry to act like a dick about it. I will see what his response to this is. Again I am sorry. Nick
04 2500 4X4 QC 305/355, 6 Speed, HE351, SBDD 3250, 3.73's, Smarty TNT/4.2, MP8, Cold Air Intake, DIY CP3 mod, Custom Short Throw,Custom 8" Stack, EV2's. Pyro, Boost, FP. What is a Silencer Ring?, Dixie Air Horn. 295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers

·
Registered
8 Posts
All I want is it fixed edge said it's 150 call Nate at technical support. Part # is the right one it just needs a board inside then edge box

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
So you are saying you bought the correct one and it is not working on your truck then. That is a completely different story.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts