Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys! I just installed the GSK. Found the 2 shims at the bottom = reinstalled per the directions. Now it won't idle...? I dont know where the idle screw is, or even if thats the fix, please help! thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
it shows you how to adjust idle in the tech section somewhere.. it's normal to have to adjust idle after doing the upgrading the governor springs..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only found 2 shims per side, i dug around with a pencil magnet for awhile and I'm sure there was only 2.. MAN does this feel like a new truck! once i got the idle right it ran great. The only way i can describe it is, it feels like the truck went on a diet, went from feeling like a 6000lbs beast to my dragster (1800lbs). I'm glad I did this mod, and I look forward to towing with it. I couldn't believe the difference it made over 2000rpm, it kept pulling!!!! I'm used to it falling on its face but it didn't wanna stop... awesome!!! I also installed my turbonet fifthwheel tailgate and my new black powdercoated bumper should be here this week along with tow mirrors. The transformation is taking place! all i need is some 19.5's and i'll be ready for summer.. Thanks again guys for the suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts