Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace my batteries, and I was going to go with Optimas, since I had one in my Jeep for years, but I have heard less than great things about their quality in the last few years. (how ironic that there's an Optima ad at the top of the page right now)

I definitely want a sealed battery (cables are expensive to replace). I was looking at the Odyssey, and read that the Diehard Platinum was the same battery. They have a group 34/78 with 880 CCA and a group 65 with 930 CCA. I'd rather get the larger capacity one if it fits.

Have any of you successfully fit a group 65 battery into the stock trays? I did some quick measurements, and it looked pretty tight.

· Registered
2,512 Posts
I do know the Full blown Semi Batts will fit with some mods ..not too hard

· Registered
475 Posts
I'm using CAT 153-5656 batteries and they certainly do the trick.

· Registered
747 Posts
Thats cool. i'm running the CAT 115-2422 batteries. dont know what group or anything but they were a tight fit. one of my batterie trays cracked on the side after driving around a few days. guess they were just a little too long. :lol4:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.