Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I doing wrong? 2006 Mega 5.9 with a Smarty Jr installed. I bought the Cummins ECU connector pin and got it installed and grounded. Turned on cruise, hit set and nothing. Anything I can try?

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
double check you software on smarty you may have a version that did not have it enabled in genral it is defalt to enable it but there were a couple updates that slid out that they did not catch it but they fixed them. I would try update smarty then go from there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
double check you software on smarty you may have a version that did not have it enabled in genral it is defalt to enable it but there were a couple updates that slid out that they did not catch it but they fixed them. I would try update smarty then go from there.
Looked at my Smarty Jr and the MADS website and it appeared I had the most updated verison. I still downloaded and loaded it on the Smarty and we'll see what it does in the morning. :banghead:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fresh Smarty Jr firmware update didn't do the trick. Guess it has to be the wire. Pulled the connector off for a third time and found the ground pin quite loose. I forced the pin and wire into the connector and it finally seemed to slide further into the connector. Reconnected the ecu wiring harness connector and turned on the truck. It worked! Third time's a charm I guess :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have the part # for that connector pin would you and did you get it from a cummins shop or dodge dealer? Also is it a fairly simple job?

thanks

edit: never mind found it :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts