Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stop Looking At Me!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the grill guards 03-05/06-09 or 03-09? and if there the split years why? I have seen a few people say the full replacements work except for trimming under the headlight. But I would think the grill guards would work for both???

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
What's a grill guard?
03-05 grills are the same, they changed in 06 with the bigger head lights.

·
Stop Looking At Me!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This:

I know the grills change but why I'm wondering is I have an 04 and a guy is selling a grill guard is for a 07 so wondering if it will work?

·
Stop Looking At Me!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
The instructions sheet is the same sheet. Looks like the same grill guard to me.
FYI- I have another brand that mounts the same way on my 2008.
Total no strength. I pushed a race buggy off a berm with mine and the brackets bent to the point the guard caused minor damage to my bumper shell. I'll be looking for a heavy duty grille guard.

·
Stop Looking At Me!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya but i figure its better than nothing. Not a bad price either at $300 I don't think. My only worry is it wouldn't work. I don't see any reason it wouldn't by looking at it. But then why would there be 2 different part numbers. anyone know why????

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
The mounting should be the same. The only difference is probably in the headlight guards. IIRC the '03-05 headlights mounts a little lower than the '06-09 trucks.

MikeyB

·
Registered
285 Posts
:agree2: sounds right to me, i put my buddies 06 grill guard on my 04 an everything mounted up fine, but the light guards were higher than my lights :thumbsup:

Reactions: JoeRandall

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Ya but i figure its better than nothing. Not a bad price either at $300 I don't think. My only worry is it wouldn't work. I don't see any reason it wouldn't by looking at it. But then why would there be 2 different part numbers. anyone know why????

For $1-200 more you can find a good used full replacement. Least in our parts I see them often. I picked up mine for $500 for a forum member who traded in his truck and removed the accessories.

Reason I mention this is because you'll get a lot better protection and you're already in the ball park cost wise.

·
Stop Looking At Me!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would rather get a full replacement just hard to find a used one. Oh well its sold now so ill keep looking thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
IMO those things look kinda Mickey Mouse, I'd look for the full bumper so at least you could put a winch in later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts