Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Bought a grill guard about a year ago (15.00 off Craigslist). No make or model numbers on it, person selling had a second generation truck that he said it came off of (I saw the truck in question) It's complete and in great shape...however...went to install finally this weekend, it's close but does not quite fit. The "slots" in the brackets that bolt to the frame have a curved slot that appears slide over the air dam and bottom part of the bumper. It "almost" fits, but not quite. It appears the slot is off a bit and the holes that "align" with the frame don't quite match.
I'm wondering if this is a 2 wheel drive vs 4x or??? I've googled and cannot find this type of guard.
Suggestions please (also, the truck has not been wrecked, so it's not an alignment issue from that)
thanks

·
The 10th Man
4,367 Posts
Sorry can't picture it 100%, but thought I'de add that the 94-96 have a slightly different front bumper mount then the 97-whenever.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...that's great! and it explains the fitment issue...now I can either modify or sell it and get another....
Also, thanks for the input on the intercooler boots...just saved some major bank on lower boots. I'm mostly stock, so don't need the high end boots

·
The 10th Man
4,367 Posts
Happy I could help. You can see the top left hole in the pictures are in the same place on both. So I just put a bolt through there and bolt it down where I wanted, then marked the placement on the other holes.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Nothing a drill can't take care of..wonder why they did it, maybe spread the load out better?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts