Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put the grid heater delete in and went to start the truck started fine. i think i heard the solenoids kick in and out. well my voltmeter is on 10 (i guess the mark between the 8 and the 14) it usually runs at a lttle over 14. i unhooked the cables from the solenoids to the negative side and the positive side of the battery, but i left the rest of the wiring ( solenoid to the grid heater) on the truck. does the computer think that it still needs to warm the inlet air . i mean it is 29 degree here this morning and the wiring is still there BUT it is not hooked up to the battery. need to get this fixed so i'll stop :CRY: :lol3::lol3: thank folks!!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
put the grid heater delete in and went to start the truck started fine. i think i heard the solenoids kick in and out. well my voltmeter is on 10 (i guess the mark between the 8 and the 14) it usually runs at a lttle over 14. i unhooked the cables from the solenoids to the negative side and the positive side of the battery, but i left the rest of the wiring ( solenoid to the grid heater) on the truck. does the computer think that it still needs to warm the inlet air . i mean it is 29 degree here this morning and the wiring is still there BUT it is not hooked up to the battery. need to get this fixed so i'll stop :CRY: :lol3::lol3: thank folks!!!:thumbsup
anybody?:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did the temperature warm and then the voltmeter came back up where it was suppose to and/or did you remove all of the wiring? thank you for the response '04!!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
there is no ground wire hooked to the battery for the grid heater it gets its ground through the block check your wiring out carefully i do not think your charging i think you removed the alternator wire by mistake contact me if you do not figure it out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts