Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any more info on the grid heater delete kits?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
They are a nice mod by themselves but they will really shine when used with an aftermarket intake horn :headbang:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I dont know what mileage change you will see since I dont care but BroncoHound/Bud will chime in and tell you he has kept track of that.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I want to do both, grid delete and the horn, but can you the delete the stock horn without running into code problems when removing stock horn?

·
Unreconstructed
6,117 Posts
I want to do both, grid delete and the horn, but can you the delete the stock horn without running into code problems when removing stock horn?
If you're deleted you should be just fine...Shibby is working on one...that will accept all of your sensors and harness's and stuff...

Talk with him...I'm gonna be getting one as soon as I get the money!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I fully deleted, just didnt know if you had to have the xrt before you run the horn and heater delete.

·
Unreconstructed
6,117 Posts
Not sure about the heater delete, but I don't see why it would?

Ask Shibby...He'd know for sure...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
If you're deleted you should be just fine...Shibby is working on one...that will accept all of your sensors and harness's and stuff...
When is Shibby gonna been finished with the new intake horn? I am waiting to buy both the intake horn and grid heater delete together.

·
Unreconstructed
6,117 Posts
He told me really soon when I talked to him a little bit ago...

Ask him, and I'm sure you can get a more definative answer...LOL

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hes working on more than one option for intake horns.

·
Unreconstructed
6,117 Posts
Yep...but I wasn't gonna let the cat out of the bag...I'm gonna let him do that...

·
If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,301 Posts
learn new stuff everyday. i guess i just didnt think about the grid delete for my 6.7 and intake horn but i just learned yesterday about the baffle in the air intake. :hehe:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Yep, the Stage I will be available any day now. The Stage II is still being developed:thumbsup:

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
Fuel economy gains on the GHD alone were negligible. My data in the past 5000 or so miles shows a slight increase in fuel economy across the board but it is within 1 or 2 tenths of a MPG so I have a hard time saying that my testing procedures are accurate enough to draw any conclusions from that. My opinion is that the GHD removed one flow restriction in the intake but there are a couple more in the elbow and horn itself that, when removed, will yield much more amplified results in the fuel economy and throttle response categories.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Yep, the Stage I will be available any day now. The Stage II is still being developed:thumbsup:
kevin whats the difference between stage 1 or 2 ?? like these things cost lots and well i'll just wait for stage 5 then lol

·
Unreconstructed
6,117 Posts
Shibby told me that Stage I was gonna be applicable to reinstall your EGR equipment if you want...

He said Stage II will be similar to the Fastkanuk intake horn (but alot less $$$), which is a smooth-bore operation with 0 restrictions & no openings for EGR assemblies or anything like that...

I'm waiting on Stage II...Just my preference...

Hopefully he'll let me BETA test Stage II.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Shibby told me that Stage I was gonna be applicable to reinstall your EGR equipment if you want...

He said Stage II will be similar to the Fastkanuk intake horn (but alot less $$$), which is a smooth-bore operation with 0 restrictions & no openings for EGR assemblies or anything like that...

You think the Fast Canucks horn is expensive? Price out the Wild Card Customs one. It's $275 on top of the FC one.

I wonder who's stock intake horn and boost tube Kurt used for measurnents? :lol3:

·
Banned
1,872 Posts

you wish,,cause im gonna beta test it ??:hehe::lol4:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts