Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
part number 3922484 at the cummins dealership, I ordered it from this place and got it in about a week it was the same price from at the Cummins dealer.

Tools needed

3/8" Drive
2" extension
Gasket scraper
11MM Deep socket
10MM deep socket
1/2" socket
small flat head screwdriver
small adjustable wrench
shop vac

Other Products needed
Grease
RTB silicone

Process
1)undo both negative battery terminals
2)On the air horn, loosen the hose coming in from the intercooler
3) undo the oil dipstick, and the wires mounted behind the air horn.
4)undo the 4 bolts where the air horn mounts up to the grid heater atop the intake manifold
5)undo the ground wire coming from the front of the grid heater that mounts to the intake manifold
6)undo the positive leads coming into the grid heater on the back of it
-take off the top of the air filter housing so you have room to work on the passenger side
7)on the positive battery terminal, you will see a lead that goes to 2 solenoids, directly below the battery undo this
8) the leads going to the grid heater, follow them back, using the flat head screwdriver, undo the clips holding these wires
9)If the gaskets for the grid heater are no longer usable for one reason or another scrape them off if you feel you can re use them, skip this step
10)using the shop vac remove any debris from in and around the intake manifold
11)take the gasket maker compound and apply it to the area where the grid heater delete will sit put the grid heater delete on, put more compound on the top side of the grid heater delete, if you have the original gaskets do not bother with the silicon
12)put the air horn back in the tube that comes out of the intercooler, don't worry about tightening anything yet
13)put some grease on the threads of the bolts and proceed to reinstall them where the grid heater is
14)re tighten the air horn and any other bolts that will let the truck sit for at least an hour so the silicon has time to fully adhere to the surfaces
15)reconnect any battery cables, as well as re mount the cables to the back of the air horn
good luck :beer

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It restricts airflow, so far I havent run enough fuel through the tank, but my turbo whistles louder which is always cool. Supposedly with a chip it yeilds about 6 extra horsepower, and other guys on the forum have noticed .7~1.5 MPG's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I could even get .5 mpg more reguardless of the extra Horsepower that would be great. I really hate you warm weather guys, at least until I become one, Haha. Let us know If you see a difference in mileage.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Why could you not run GH delete in the summer months and then plug in during the spring and fall... put the GH back on when it gets cold?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts