Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What grid heater delete is everyone using who still lives where it drops below zero?

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
Well im running kurts from shibby engineering. It is a 100% awsome piece. Unlike the WCC intake which is built in the shibby intake is 100% removeable and can be replaced with a delete for summer use to get that full flow. Alothugh it is very high flowing in comparison to stock. wattage numbers are just about the same stock for stock and i personally think that the shibby unit works better. It was -10 here last week and she fired right up not smoke no nothin. I def rec a shibby unit and i will be paring it with a grid heter delete and a intake from him very soon. Kurts an awsome guy to deal with. Heres a few pics to show you how it looks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have been running the Glacier diesel power air boss 67 grid heater delete along with there mega flow tvm grid heater. Both products are top notch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Powerstroke where did you get that from? Do you have a link?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interested in that Shibby one it seems like it allows for a lot more airflow than the other ones i was looking at. where is a good place to get them at? are they a pain to interchange like you were saying for summer time use? im fairly new to the diesel world. what did you do with the stock wiring and stuff?

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
Powerstroke where did you get that from? Do you have a link?
I got it from Kurt at shibby engineering. This unit isnt for sale just yet but it will be in about 2 weeks or so. I tell ya what guys after wating for BODs grid heater intake i was gettin impatient so i stumbled on testing this one for kurt. Im 100% convinced that this heater is better than stock. I love that i can just slap on a TV delete without the heater with kurts intake in 5 minutes for the summer. Im sold on it and i personally think this is the best on the market. Contact him for more info or pm me and ill let him know:thumbsup:

Reactions: derrma

·
Registered
761 Posts
Subscribing for the shibby heater(I'm doing a swap 6.7intake on my 5.9, I need that for cold weather)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I live in Alaska, and I just installed the WCC GH intake with boost tube. Proud to say Im the first one of the 2010s to use that setup. ANyways, two days after I installed it, it dropped to minus 10, so it got a serious test. It worked with no problems. I will say that it takes a little longer to start from the time you turn your ignition on till the time you can crank. Other than that, I havnt had any problems so far.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
What is the benefit of doing a grid heater delete? I get that the factory one is not free flowing, but how much power are your really picking up? Does it impact mileage at all?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
What is the benefit of doing a grid heater delete? I get that the factory one is not free flowing, but how much power are your really picking up? Does it impact mileage at all?
I installed the shibby GHD and some other goodies last weekend. Look at the link in my signature. :thumbsup:
I haven't got enough miles to see how the economy is doing. I can tell you the GHD coupled with the Intake and the Boost tube breaths so much better! :party018: My throttle response is snappier now. :peelout

·
That Truck Guy
6,375 Posts
The Shibby grid heater relocation kit should be available shortly. Kurt is still sourcing some parts and getting some more put together. I should have my GHD, STGII, and the Grid heater relocate for my truck any day now. Kurt is still waiting on getting parts back from powdercoat. His new 2010+ boost tube should be available shortly as well.:thumbsup:

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
The boost tube is coming soon i got one of those too. My gh still working flawlessly! Great product

·
Registered
175 Posts
GDP makes a nice grid heater delete and TV grid heater. Also have a 2010 3.5 in. boost tube. I installed these with a Shibby stage II intake. Much better throttle response especially above 2000 rpm's. Getting 15.9-16 mpg on the EVIC around town. Before delete was around 15 mpg. Not been out on the highway unloaded to give any feed back there. 13.5 mpg with open ATV trailer.

·
Registered
860 Posts
i have a WCC intake horn with grid heater inside of it, no flow restriction and you can keep your GH (just in a different, better location). i just put on an Airboss 6.7 from GDP and that gets rid of the stock grid heater so it works real nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts