Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck started doing this after installing the airdog fuel pump and the Edge w/ attitude. The truck will miss and pop back thru the intake and put out grayish smoke. this happens around 1500-1700 rpm's . I disconnected the edge and it doesn't do it as bad but it is still there. If you baby the throttle it less noticeable. After it smokes and pops it clears up and rolles on down the road. At highway speed there is no miss.
Anybody got ideas?
Thanks
Rusty

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check the FCA on the CP3 and make sure it is not sticking, it should slide smooth.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talk to the guys at airdog and they told me to check the water separator filter and make sure that it is not sucking in air in the system. He seemed to think that is the problem.
what is the FCA and where is it located on the cp3.
thanks
Rusty

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is located on the back of the injection pump, looks like a solenoid and has a plug going into it. There is a metering valve inside and has two small triangles cut into it. These control fuel delivery. If it sticks it might cause that problem but usually does it off idle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i found the problem. I tightened the fuel water separator on the air dog just a hair and drained the separator for water ( only 2/3 drops of water in 4 oz.)
It seems to solve the problem. I can't make it do it again and my fuel mileage went back up.

thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts