Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here run Hot Shots Secret green diamond 15w40 oil with fr3 added? Thinking of running it on my truck, but I'm curious as to what current and past users think of it.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
I've never heard of it. But curious why you wanna use it vs off the shelf oil you can get from the parts house?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It's cheaper to buy Rotella T6 and add FR3.

The 60,000 number doesn't talk about oil filters. You'll still have to replace that a few many times over that range, if you even get there. + add in the costs of oil testing as well every 6K miles. + add in a 4th bottle to keep refilling after every filter change.

it's cheaper to just change rotella T6 every 15K miles, specially when Sam's club keeps putting 3 packs on sale so they are about $18 a gallon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's cheaper to buy Rotella T6 and add FR3.

The 60,000 number doesn't talk about oil filters. You'll still have to replace that a few many times over that range, if you even get there. + add in the costs of oil testing as well every 6K miles. + add in a 4th bottle to keep refilling after every filter change.

it's cheaper to just change rotella T6 every 15K miles, specially when Sam's club keeps putting 3 packs on sale so they are about $18 a gallon.
Here in Alaska, the Green Diamond is cheaper by $2.00/gallon.
It says you can run it for 60k miles, but if still change mine at every 7500.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never heard of it. But curious why you wanna use it vs off the shelf oil you can get from the parts house?
Talked to the owner of a big wrecker company here, and he loves it. His company will not run any other oil, as they have tried mobile, amsoil, royal purple, shell and valvoline. He's running Cummins 5.9 & 6.7, CAT C5 and C7, a Dertoit Diesel, and two Internationals.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
If it's cheaper and meets the specifications, give it a try.

Reactions: tryNto

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Here in Alaska, the Green Diamond is cheaper by $2.00/gallon.
It says you can run it for 60k miles, but if still change mine at every 7500.
That's surprising. The company is based in my state, though no idea where the oil is made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts