Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to do a quick write-up regarding my experience with Strapt Performance for anyone thinking of ordering with them.

So, after shopping around for a bunch of Thuren suspesion parts i found that pricing was pretty much standard across the board at all of the Thuren distributors. However, Craig at Strapt was willing to offer a forum member discount which made all the difference since no one else would, or the discount was insulting.

The final order was Thuren 3" coils, shackles, sway bar, track bar, a overland shock package, Daystar air bag cradles, and a Creative Fabworks steering box brace. I was hoping to get the Thuren control arms as well, but the price was getting up there and the Canadian dollar isn't doing that well(+30%). I guess the CA's will have to go into Phase 2 of the build with new leafs and and a better shock package.

So being a Canadian customer, to save on shipping and the hope that maybe i dont have to pay an import tax, I had the parts shipped to a Post Office just south of the boarder. From where i live its a about a five hour round trip back home. It was important to me that all the parts arrived roughly at the same time, to pick up everything in one trip and to limit storage costs.

Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. From reading other posts on the forum its seems as great as Thuren products are, there can some delay in avaliablity and manufacturing. Everything that Craig shipped out personally came right away and together. The products that were left to be shipped from the Thuren factory were a different story. Long story short, eveything showed up eventually over a two period except for the Thuren track bar. After speaking with Craig to follow up what was going on he was very apologetic for the delays and confusion. Turns out there aren't any Thuren track bars avaliable, so instead he gave me the option of having him ship out a Carli one directly from his shop with he had in stock. I took him up on his offer, which im sure was money out of his pocket since the Carli TB is more expensive and the added shipping cost again. I received the tracking information within the hour i got off the phone with him.

The only piss off is i will now have to make two trips across the boarder, but not to Craig's doing. Craig made things right, even out of his own wallet, and dealt with everything professionally.

I would not hesitate to order from Craig and Strapt again, and would recomend any of my friends too as well.

Cheers Craig!

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I've spoken to Craig on two occasions for probably 20 minutes each. He's a world of experience. Each conversation involved a $90 sale.
I appreciated the courteous conversation and have referred business to him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts