Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to see if there are any more grease fittings on an '06 Ram 2500 other than the 1 tie rod at each wheel and that crazy fitting at the U-joint. Are there any more?
Thanks

· Registered
243 Posts
Its not a regular grease fitting. It does really look like a fish eye. Its like a small hole with a spring loaded ball bearing and you will need a grease kneedle fitting to go on the end of your grease gun that you push in to displace the steel ball and pump your grease. I guess the best question is what was Dodge thinking about when they put this fitting in a drive shaft. I had the same problem as you it took a couple of times and some head scratching before I found it. Jack up the left front wheel so you can rotate the drive shaft while you look. Then mark the drive shaft with paint for future ref.

· Registered
2,297 Posts
Yup, only 3 points to grease on the 06. I bought a new grease gun and 3 mini tubes so maybe I'll grease everyone's zerks in the neighborhood :hehe:

The dshaft fitting is hidden and you'll have to squirrel around in there to find it.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks to all

Thanks for the info... I did buy a Lincoln needle for my grease gun to grease that eyeball fitting on the u-joint...l just bought the truck and it took about 10 pumps to fill it so I don't think it had ever been done. Found a good pic of the Joint on dieselbomber.com of the u-joint grease fitting . Still took me a while to find it....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.