Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my new shoes on the truck today, 305/85 R 16 buckshot mudders. Here's a few pics

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
AAAHHHH!!! The "REAL" buckshot radial mudders!!!! They are GREAT tires!! Those new wannabe buckshot's are a joke. The "buckshot mudders". They wont hold a candle to the old skool "buckshot radial mudders" like you have there!! Looks Great on that truck too!!! Just watch though, they are a little soft, and will wear kinda quick. But not near as bad as a swamper.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah and the price wasn't bad either!!!!!I've run Buckshots on other duallies, but never any this big.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Man I just realized you're only like 45 min from me.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, we need to get Mark from Coaltrain and gather a bunch of us together for a M/G this summer. Since the sun came out the "nice" trucks have come out of storage around the area.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Right on!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
what size are those and do they make that size for a 17 ?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I don't believe they make the "old" buckshot radial mudder in 17's. Only 15 and 16" and maybe 16.5" sizes. I also wish they made them in 17's!

Those are made by Gateway Tire. The "new" buckshot mudders that you see around are all made by Maxxis Tire. They are a decent tire, but nowhere as good as the gateways were. I didn't know they still made the gateways.

Hey TEXS, where did you get them at?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a Grismer tire in Trotwood order them for me(ask for Kieth). National Tire Depot also sells them, I had a hell of a time finding the 305/85 R 16.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great man :thumbsup. How hard was it to install that 3" leveling kit?

Leveller kits been on awhile. Wasn't hard at all

·
Registered
833 Posts
Man that is SWEEEEEEET!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
How tall and wide is a 305/85 R16 aprox??

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Texs, those aren't Maxxis tires though. They're Gateway Tires. Look at the sidewall.

Where is National Tire Depot?

·
Registered
40 Posts
did you end up haveing to run a spacer on the rears im looking for a larger tire my self right now i have 235/85/16 and would love what size you have or at least a little bigger then what i have and do your rub together when loaded and what leavling kit do you have im looking for the same about 3"

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
It looks awesome, really makes the truck look "beefy":thumbsup

1 - 20 of 25 Posts