Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the gauge today, and everything went ok. Except I had to fight annoying leaks all day. I tried to get the air out the best I could. How do you bleed these gauge's the proper way? Also I've got 16-17 psi at idle, is this good? Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
16 to 17 at idle is very good. The gauge should bleed it self. Some sort of a thing that lets air through but not liquid. Unless you are using an isolator. Then it is not as easy:thud:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It also has 12-13 psi under full throttle. I'd probably be under 10 psi if I had a fueling box on it huh?

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
There is no need to bleed the air out of the diesel line to a fuel pressure gauge (or its isolator, if used). The trapped air has the same pressure as the fuel. The gauge does not care. In fact the compressibility of the air reduces some of the shock to the gauge movement.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It also has 12-13 psi under full throttle. I'd probably be under 10 psi if I had a fueling box on it huh?
Only one way to know for sure, get a fueling box on the bad boy:peelout If that doesn't work get some 150 hp sticks... buwaa hah hah :woot2:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the comp box on mine and on 5*5 it will not drop below 12 at wot. I used the isolator and you only need to bleed out the isolator not the line. Search my posts if you want to see some of the install and pics and info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts