Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just glad to post I finally got the Airdog 150 installed and running.

I would like to point out that I was on the fence about not dropping more $ after my VP install but with new 100 injectors and a stock carter LP, it wasnt cutting it.

I wish I would have done it with the VP install and got it done then because the stock LP would drop dramatically with new sticks and just a PUCK chip so I had to park it until UPS arrived.

Anyway pressure is beatiful at 18-19psi idle and I cannot get it under 16.5 at WOT @32#.

Its quiet and clean install.

Airdog really has done a fabulous job with the kit.

Thanks to Toby; the Airdog Tech which is always on his cell for any ?s

If anyone is doing one soon I will recomend a few things:

First:
The hose it comes with is almost exact so be careful with cutting the lengths you cut too short or long.
I used a big line kit also from Eric at Vulcan from my FF canister to my VP to eliminate Banjo bolts and keep my water in light and warmer cannister. So now 1/2" all the way.
Next:
Also get a 3/8 fuel line plug to PLUG the sender fuel out line b/c when you drop the tank it will be history when you do the 1/2 draw straw. That way no spilled diesel later there from moving around.
And Last:
You might want to replace the plastic return hose because it gets somewhat bent and pulled on when removing tank so I replaced with HD marine hose 5/16"/
so there a few comments and happy overall,
But again I wish I would have done this sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hyper:
Thanks to those that answered a few ?s along the way!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow, sounds like a whole lotta work! Great end result though. Once my new stock lift pump dies, I'm tempted to get a Raptor pump to not have to drop the tank. Isn't there a filtered model that you don't have to drop the tank?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the big FF and water seperator onthe 150 AD system. I also like the factory filter cannister that tells you off water in fuel and warms the fuel up in cold weather.

Also about not wanting to drop tank.

Its not bad if its drained out 98%.

After you see where the fuel draws from now, you'll want a 1/2 draw straw. They are crappy 3/8 maybe plastic pvc connections!

So that might convince you to get it overwith and do it right!

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
its 100% possible to drill the tank and install the draw straw with the bed and tank in place, find my thread about the airdog, i explained it there

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
do the instructions tell you where to put the draw straw on the 150? if not where would the best place be?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
do the instructions tell you where to put the draw straw on the 150? if not where would the best place be?
This was the best spot...

·
Vendor
8,665 Posts
nice fit. most people don't get it very close to the bottom and lose the availability of several gallons left below the straw

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
nice fit. most people don't get it very close to the bottom and lose the availability of several gallons left below the straw
i dont know how close i got mine, i installed it w/o dropping the tank.

but i know its close, i was running around with 1/8 of a tank today w/o any issues

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.