Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay so i got 6 22.5 inch rims for cheap, like 25 bucks a piece :hyper::woot:, now my question is, on a 2wd i understand im gonna need 2 inches in the front but what size tire should i run? Also i want to keep the factory stance as i pull a 40 ft gooseneck all the time and dont want the rear end to be squattin all the time so does anyone have any suggestions on that matter?

·
Registered
401 Posts
its gonna be hard to keep the factory stance due to leveling front. 22.5's are gonna raise the pickup a ways.

G

·
hey 6.7 dont have an answer for ya just saying hello and we still need to get together i live right there in odem in the south sub-division good luck on the tires id like to see them when your done

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
well, the only thing I could think of is putting a set of air bags on the rear so that you could stiffin it up when you are loaded down.. because if you put the 2 inch leveling kit on the front the truck will pretty much sit level when empty, if you add some weight to the rear you will def. be squating. You could also look into adding a set of blocks in the rear that would also lift the rear higher than the front even with the leveling kit. You will still have the factory stance, but you will just sit higher off the ground.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well if you want you could just avoid this problem buy the way and sell the rims to me for $100

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey 6.7 you can get them on without the leveling. you have to do some work on the plastics in side the wheel wells and on the rear tou will have to cut the plastics all the way around the bump stops but it won't be to hard thats how mine is and you can keep the same stance it goes up about 4 inches over all look good. i have 3:73 and the rpms are allittle low i think 4:10 are probably better if you have more questions just shoot me a pm and i will answer them here

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
I've researched this for a while, run a 255/70R22.5. That tire is 36" tall, and all you need to do is install the 2" leveling kit on the front. Everything else WILL clear!! As far as squatting.... no way around it unless you do an add-a-leaf?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts