Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

got smoke! need to buy injectors.

2299 Views 34 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  mjd91
i got my new vp 44 and airdog on yesturday and my truck runs ALOT better!
:thumbsup as well as blowing lots of smoke when i want it 2!
so now im looking for some injectors. im thinkin of some 150s. who do yall reccomend me getting some from? :peelout
thanks!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Future Fly Boy!
2,227 Posts
farm boy diesel...cant beat the price. i have a set of 150's and coudlnt be happier. they get pretty toasty with the stock turbo so if a bigger one isnt in the future, id run some 100's:thumbsup

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alrite....thank ya. a bigger turbo is coming next month!
any input is welcomed!

· Registered
434 Posts
The cheaper the injector, the more they smoke, and the hotter they run. get a good set of extrude honed injectors from Dynomite Diesel or F1, much more precice fuel delivery than the cheaper EDM sticks.

· Registered
1,472 Posts
i have some for sale ill make ya a deal

· Registered
26 Posts
Go with the dynamite injectors...those guys are really good and they will have a precise fuel delivery...get a set of 90s...they would work nice with a turbo upgrade!!!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think im wantin to go with a new set.........but thanks for the offer!

· Registered
2,665 Posts
If I was going to buy some more I would get some of farmboys diesel injectors

· Mark Ward
823 Posts
gus' injectors are top notch. i believe they are the same as the ddp just not the same price.

· Registered
1,472 Posts
gus' injectors are nice but smoke a lot less...... which now that i have grown outa that its nice because my egts are down and my mpg's are up.

· Mark Ward
823 Posts
yea i switched from 150's to some HUGE sticks he sold me and they smoke less than the 150's did.

· Registered
1,472 Posts
i have 150's on my stock turbo but i got a new turbo on its way..... btw FBD's 150's ran cooler than my bullydog step 4's which are either 120's or 130's.

· Mark Ward
823 Posts
150's and the stocker is pushing it. mine got pretty warm and towing was out of the questions. but thats the stock HY.

· Registered
1,739 Posts
i ran 120 edge's with with my stock turbo for 3 years or so with a timeing box with no problems.. other than smoking a lot, high egt's, and not realy feeling like 120hp....i have a set of honed 125's now(dont know the brand name i send my bosch injectors off) and they run 230* a lot less smoke, and feel like they have twice the .

from what i have heard farm boys diesl has a good set of injectors for a damn good price. im thinking about a set of 240's from him after i get a biger charger

· Premium Member
6,728 Posts

· Premium Member
10,174 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.