Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the straight pipe put on from in front of the cat to the muffler, a straight piece of pipe will fit on the 06 megacab. no bends are necessary as shown on the cat delete pipes. napa will sell a straight 10' stick of 4" for around $65, man i love the sound:thumbsup:hyper::beer:woot::peelout

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is there any kind of angle on it at all? I have been trying to get a muffler delete pipe but shipping up here is more than the pipe is.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,443 Posts
there is a slight angle from front to back, but not bad at all.
straight pipe sounds mean ! i've lost a few mpg's by keeping my foot in it for a little longer to wind it up!

glad to hear you got the pipe put on, 06fairedfz1, i knew you would like it.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the is about a 1" difference between the downpipe and the rear resonator. so yes, there is a slight difference but if you are using couplers for your pipe it will be real easy, if welding it takes a little time for the average welder to fill it in. oh, and elephantrider, and everyone else, thanks for the info on doing this and trying to find the easy way to do this. couldn't stop smiling last night when i opened her up:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I did the exact same and love it! I looked around and an exhaust shop did mine for $45!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts