Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum and finally got my cummins. Name is kyle and im an EN in the navy and Bought an 06 flame red quad cab short box. Completely stock for now but am looking at intake, elbow and exhaust for starters then onto programmer. Does anyone run an S&B intake and how do u like it and what programmers would u guys suggest? Plan on particpating a lil more now that i have a truck so talk to u guys soon.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Wish i could help you on the programmers but im a dirty dozen member but theres plenty of 24v guys here. And on the air intake look into a BHAF in the tech section

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright appreciate the help.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
No prob... also fill out your sig so we know what you are running

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
filled out so here we go. will take pics and upload when it stops raining.

· VP at large
886 Posts
:welcome::welcome: i run a smarty on my truck but i do have a superships flashpaq that i am trying to sell

· Premium Member
1,943 Posts
welcome to the forum nice to have another truck runnin around. like 9612vinva said programers wish I could help ya there but I am in the dirty dozen club now as for intake I have heard good things about S&B might also look at banks they have some good things for your truck as far as airflow and programmers

· Registered
3,126 Posts
F*&^ banks they are over priced. Voltar or S&B

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
hey man, welcome to VA...lol....

ok, besides the obvious of need'n a new LP, like an airdog or FASS, get gauges-EGT, FP, BOOST, railpressure, temp (don't know if you have an auto or not...doesn't say in your sig)...4" or 5" exhaust and IMO---S&B or AFE intake...i just don't like the BHAF for the common rails....

a smarty/tst stack will put you a good way over 425hp....

if you want alot of HP, get a pressure box (to keep your rail pressure up) a dual feed line for the rail...on common rail motors, rail pressure is very important...

now as far as someone locally to talk to about 3rd gen power....Tim Barber at TRE is the man to see in VA about them....

hope some of my ramble'n on helps out....:thumbsup:

ps---if you have the manual--get a SBC DD, you'll roast the crap out of your factory, or with the auto---get Tim to build it for you....

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its an automatic HD and was definitely leaning towards a smarty programmer, S&B intake and elbow along with a mbrp exhaust turbo back, and gauges. Thanks for all the ideas guys.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
For gauges check ebay i got all 3 of mine for 200 with mount. IF you need any help with it i know am getting bored doing nothin so just hit us up

· Registered
109 Posts
i have an 05 with a gutted factory airbox, silencer ring M.I.A(turbo screams now), and a bully dog triple dog with crazy larry (serious power) i favor bully dog personally but smarty is another good route also... im leaning towards the cfm+ elbow

· Registered
3,126 Posts
i would say save your money on a elbow. From what i have read they really are there for look... unless thats what you are going for

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
with the bully dog and the crazy larry tune is the stock auto trans holding up or is there upgrades that should be made. Want to build the truck up but all in due time as money is not falling from the sky yet so good upgrades that make more power and torque without trashing the truck is what im going for.

· Registered
109 Posts
4 months no problems i also have scarry larry (havent been brave enough yet) i dont dog it all the time but it destroyes the tires at 25mph in time ill upgrade the tranny im just gonna wait till i have to

· VP at large
886 Posts
i know that Jeff '2nd Gen Dom' used to own a 24 valve and if i remember corectly it has a smarty/scary larry stack and was running 10s up in colorado

· Registered
45 Posts
its an automatic HD and was definitely leaning towards a smarty programmer, S&B intake and elbow along with a mbrp exhaust turbo back, and gauges. Thanks for all the ideas guys.

I'm sorta new here ,been lurking around mostly just reading. save your money on the elbow . if you can't live with out one i'll make one for you. if you want to try a smarty I got one for my '06 you can try. but be warned it WILL kill a stock tranny. tst/ smarty with a little pressure maybe a MP8 . will blow your socks off. :shock:

chris

· Registered
3,126 Posts
i got some 4 inch pipe for a reasonable price

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
i know that Jeff '2nd Gen Dom' used to own a 24 valve and if i remember corectly it has a smarty/scary larry stack and was running 10s up in colorado
hmmm...not so much....not no 10s anyways....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.