Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AMERICAN RACING 20 X 10's!!!anybody know what the rims are called?whats the backspace,because i have no clue.I DONT LIKE THEM,they DONT STICK OUT as much as i wanted!maybe new tires will change that or a spacer right?if so which ones?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
its the offset of the rim..other than wheel spacers, the only other way to fix that would be to change rims for a larger offset

·
Registered
45 Posts
spacers are safe. I used to have 1/4" spacers when I ran large tires on a stock rim. The wheel spacer is fitted between the wheel and the hub. Im not sure what the largest is you can get

·
Registered
341 Posts
If those are American Racing..... They dont make them anymore. i have never seen them and i was looking at American Racing for the last 4 months figuring out what wheel i wanted. Maybe they are another brand with American Racing center caps or an older style not made anymore.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the Hub Cabs go with the rims design..just waiting to lift the front end with adjustable shocks/leveler.and then hopefully spacers!well see what it looks like,though still
NEED MORE INFO ON HOW FAR RIMS WILL STICK OUT AND WHAT SIZE SPACERS?AND SAFETY AT HIGH SPEEDS?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ive actually been looking at spacers.. im runnin 22X9.5 XD Monster w/ +18 offset and my 37" Toyo MT's are 14" wide. They rub a bit on the control arms at full lock... i think i could run about a 1/2" spacer and be fine...

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
i have never been a fan of spacers.... if u want it to stick out get diff offset.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
ive seen 1" spacers thsat were fine

they bolt onto the hub just like a rim would and is torqued to spec...the spacers have their own studs on them and the wheel is torqued to spec on the spacer lugs

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay look AT THESE PICTURES!!20 X 10's AND THEY BARELY STICK OUT!!I have 305/50r20 which is a 31" tire.and i want to make know WHAT SPACER CAN I FIT?IMMA GET A LEVELER AND LIFT THE FRONT END HIGHER THEN THE REAR!!

WHAT WIDTH SPACERS WILL MAKE WHEELS STICK FURTHER YET ON A LOCK TURN NOT HIT WITH LEVELER?31" TIRES 20 X 10 RIMS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts