Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well got the trans in this afternoon... been putting some miles on it. Everything seems good so far, just still trying to get use to it. This thing shifts good a firm.

Ive got my smarty on #7 right now good just shifts pretty hard i think maybe just like i said havent got use to it. But what should i set my revo at... i tried playing with it earlier didnt seem to make to much difference. Ive been reading some threads on every one asking these questions and see what al they have done. Just wanted to see what yall thought i should try...

also one other thing... how do i know when my kick down cable is adj up just right. i havent messed with mine but i havent just gone out and floored my truck from a roll yet either. Dont want to mess anything up!

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
well got the trans in this afternoon... been putting some miles on it. Everything seems good so far, just still trying to get use to it. This thing shifts good a firm.

Ive got my smarty on #7 right now good just shifts pretty hard i think maybe just like i said havent got use to it. But what should i set my revo at... i tried playing with it earlier didnt seem to make to much difference. Ive been reading some threads on every one asking these questions and see what al they have done. Just wanted to see what yall thought i should try...

also one other thing... how do i know when my kick down cable is adj up just right. i havent messed with mine but i havent just gone out and floored my truck from a roll yet either. Dont want to mess anything up!
Turn that smarty down brotha! I smoked a new tranny gettin too happy with tha right foot and smarty on 7! I would turn it off and run stock for at least 500 miles, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
if you smoked a new tranny with less than 500 miles on it, you will fry it if it has 5000 miles on it. probably had some internal leakage or something

·
Registered
293 Posts
if you smoked a new tranny with less than 500 miles on it, you will fry it if it has 5000 miles on it. probably had some internal leakage or something
What he said:thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hopefully that doesnt happen to mine lol! But right now im running #7 tq - 4 t - 2 and rp - 1... seems to be doing real good just gets on up there in the egt's. kinda have to watch it..

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
I don't remember what it was exactly that went bad, but yeah it was me being stupid with it to! :doh:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't remember what it was exactly that went bad, but yeah it was me being stupid with it to! :doh:
if a broken input took out the pump, clutch pack, etc. then yeah, ...but you know, things happen during assembly. sometimes the builder doesn't get a tolerance right or a bad piece when into the tranny. can't necessarily blame yourself if you had a bad transmission.

if it has moving parts, it will break:hehe: :S::stirpot:

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Well I don't wanna badmouth a builder on here, it was a mixup during assembly. That was the tranny in my 03 and I was pushing alot of power also. But it got fixed and I never had another issue with it. I'm bout to have him do some work on the tranny in the truck I just bought

1 - 8 of 8 Posts